18-6 veg. light schedule--ok to interrupt?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quader, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Ya just wanted know since my plants are 3 weeks old they have been on a 18-6 light schedule since they sprouted, and sometimes I check on them which is lighting the area when I do check, it's just a few minutes. Is this bad? I know it's bad when 12/12 in flower but Im in veg. but Iam unsure if it hurts anything like hermies. Thanks

2. No, it should not hurt the plants in this stage.

3. That's a load off my mind, anyways 1st time with 18-6 cycle so thanks.

4. In the wild dose the sun go behind the clouds for a short time then come out? Dose it hurt the plants? Even in 12/12 a few mins to a few hours without light won't hurt as long as it's only a few times a week, or a few mins a day.

5. My growroom is not completely light-proofed, but i am a lazy stoner so during vegging I don't care. I have seen no adverse effects from irregular light times and leaks.
    BUT, i wouldn't bed my flowering ladies for the night in there. no siree.

6. I have mine on 12/12 now and look in on them before I go to work. Regular lights won't do anything to your plants. So it's not going to hurt anything.

7. Interrupting the plants during veg is not critical but, when under 12/12 it is. Do NOT interrupt the plant during its dark cycle, while in flower, with any light that is brighter than the full moon. This is so especially during sexing and the first few weeks of flower, even just a flash of light can revert the plant back to veg and or delay the flowering process.

8. there shouldnt be any clouds if you wanna grow perfect weed..:smoke:

9. well, i grow outside, and somedays my plants get almost no light becuase of a thunder storm or a rainy day, but my plants alwase grow, its natures way.. growing outside is more natural than inside :p plants will be fine if you interupt it.

10. I have a friend that lives in the emerald triangle and hes been growin for 30 plus yrs. Told me when growing indoors even the smallest amount of light like even infared light on the security cam will stress em in flower. I'd say there's a whole bunch of variables to it though some situations may hurt it some might not this is one of the most highly debated subjects and growing cannabis

11. Cannabis isn’t as sensitive to light cycles as you think. The little orange power lights on equipment won’t cause them to Hermie. If you open the door for a moment while the lights are out it won’t hurt them. Excess heat is probably the most common cause of hermaphroditism besides genetics

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Hopefully the poster figured this out in the last 13 years , this thread is from 2006 lolz

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Lol didnt look at the date. Dont hurt nothin tho its still content that people can search for and learn from