Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mjgrow420, Jun 21, 2011.

1. #1 mjgrow420, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    I have 4 plants grown from bagseed
    6 6500k daylight bulbs at 26w/100
    For my soil I just mixed some topsoil, a little sand and miracle gro perlite and miracle gro peat moss. I haven't given them any nutes or ferts yet. Just water. What do you think of them so far? Any suggestions?
    They were 2 weeks old from germination yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good to me.

3. #3 mjgrow420, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    Thanks. Anyone else?

Also, what kind of ferts or nutes should I give it? I don't live in a huge town so it's hard to get a hold of some of the stuff I've heard talked about on here. Anything I can get from Wal-Mart or Home Depot or something like that. I don't like buying stuff online.

4. Your plants look very good. Try Miraclegro tomato food for veg and miraclegro bloom boost for flower good luck

5. I think I have some of that around here somewhere. I've heard that Miracle Gro isn't very good for cannabis though. How strong should I make the solution and how long should I wait until I feed it?

6. I started a new thread for the question on MG tomato and bloom booster. You can read about it here. Miracle Gro Tomato and Bloom Booster

7. #7 mjgrow420, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    I just finished with my fourth week of flowering. (8 weeks from germination). I topped them one time exactly one week before 12/12. I've been using a 400w HPS to flower with and been using the fox farm trio every other watering. (been following the fox farm schedule) I didn't start the fox farm until after about the first week of flowering. I used MG two times before that during veg. I started with 4 plants. One was male, another was a hermie and the other two females.

The color looks different in some of the pics because my crappy camera is always trying to adjust the color when it takes a picture. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

This is my first grow not using CFL bulbs for flowering. I did use them for veg though. How do they look?

Attached Files:

• 100_2200.jpg
      100_2200.jpg
      File size:
      388.2 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      218.6 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      198.1 KB
      Views:
  8. I'm guessing at least 4 more weeks until harvest. What do you think? It's bag seed so I don't know what strain they are. Each plant is grown from seed from different bags so they aren't even the same. I have my handy little pocket microscope though so I'll be checking the trichs.

9. cold, just cold.

10. Lookin real good. You said that you have done other grow with just cfl how did that tun out? I'm in the process of doing that right now my babies don't look no where as good as yours though i fucked up and packed as many solo cups as i could into my box now i need to transplant them but don't have the room. What size pots were you using?

11. #12 mjgrow420, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Yeah I've done a few other grows with CFL and this grow with the 400w HPS is by far the best looking grow I've done so far. Everyone kept telling me that I'd never look back to CFL after using a HPS and they were right. The buds are already noticeably larger. I just can't wait until the final product is harvested.

I'd like to get a 400w MH for vegging next time.

My containers are actually only 3 gallons but they seem to be working for me. I've used 3 gallons on all my grows. Right now I water about every 3 days and feed every other watering. I think I'm having a slight magnesium deficiency so I think I'm going to water with a little epsom salt today.

12. the buds on your plant look alot fatter then the ones on mine one baby so I would say your doing just great. your going to have some nice smoke. I hope mine fills up...

13. Thanks for the compliment. Most of the weight packs on toward the last few weeks of the flower cycle so I'm hoping for some even bigger buds. I haven't seen much resin growing on it except a little has shown up in the past few days. Mostly on the lower buds but seems to be working it's way up and I've noticed a little on the tops buds this morning. I hope they get a nice snowy effect real soon.

14. Attached Files:

15. You have to let us kno dry yield

16. I will for sure. I'm still not seeing much resin production though. I see some on the lower buds and maybe just a tiny bit on the top ones. I imagine I'll start seeing more in the last few weeks, right?

Here is the top of one of the buds. The pistils are starting to shrivel a little on this one. I always thought they turned red first then shriveled but maybe I'm wrong (and no i'm not using it as an indicator on when to harvest, I know to look at the trichs.)

Attached Files:

17. #18 mjgrow420, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    Starting week 6 (day 37) of flowering . The first picture I took was without the flash, the rest with the flash. Just thought I would do a little photography experiment. I guess all the trichs are reflecting the camera flash light which is why they look so white.

Attached Files:

18. I guess I'm the only one following my own thread.

19. #20 poppybgood, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011

You'll love the MH for vegging. It's been my experience that the shorter wavelengths give you tighter node spacing, and you'd be surprised how well they flower, esp. if you get a color corrected bulb. I use the 39,000 lumen tubulars in mine. My favorite closet setup of all time was the 400 MH dead center and 2 100 watt HPS shining in at 45 degree angles. To the human eye, the color spectrum was like a sunny fall day.

P.S. They are looking real good. Won't be long now.