is it okay to remove the bottom fan leaves 2 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whitewidownoob, Jun 8, 2011.

1. #1 whitewidownoob, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    Is it okay to remove the plants fan leaves early on into flowering. the plant has split 3 ways from the bottom off the stem so it has alot of fan leaves that seem to be blocking small developing buds....,Please leave comments any help is welcome ![​IMG]

2. Yes it's perfectly fine to trim a few fan leaves during the first half of flowering. Personally, I don't take more than one leaf off a stalk in a two-day period. Fan leaves make food so you want to leave on as many as possible.

3. yes, not too many though, don't want to stress the plant and waste your plants energy healing those wounds instead of feeding your buds

4. #4 whitewidownoob, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    sound lads....

Its 3 week flowering now....
    [​IMG]

Stem split 3 ways.....
    [​IMG]

I never topped the plant....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any advice live the coments......

5. White Widow 4 week of flowering....

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 MORE WEEKS TO GO......

6. White Widow 5 week of flowering....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 More weeks to go.....

........ANY COMENTS WELCOM........

7. ....White Widow 6 week of flowering....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

......... Any Coments Welcom.........

8. Lookin' good

9. I'm on my first grow.... So still learning and experimenting almost to week 4 flowering and I only take off fan leaves that appear to be dying turning brown getting crispy there isn't alot if them but the ones I see I take off

10. I personally don't remove any large live leaves once I've started flowering. Tuck the fan leaves so they don't block the smaller buds, or tie the lower blocked budding branches outwards so they're past the fan leaf shadow.

11. I trim leaves away regularly, in flowering. I have a LST/SOG.
    Each day i look for leaves that are blocking light to lower bud growth and snip snip. The plants just keep on blooming and growing.
    If i can't push the leaf down so he is the bottom of the stack, snip.
    But I also have DOZENS of leaves, none anyhwere near as big as your leaves, but way more to work with. If the plant has 20 leaves, she will not miss 3 or 4

12. I personally get rid of about 1/3 of the bottom growth. Never turn into good smoke anyhow. Almost like lolipopping. That way all the energy goes to the top buds and they get big and dense. I end up with much less popcorn.

13. I triim all the time during flowering. Little bit each day. If you block my buds from the light, your gone!