how much did u yield with a 150 watt hps?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mauiog, May 18, 2011.

1. im curious if anyone has grown with a 150 hps and gotten a big yield.

2. I uno if it will help ya or not but I just harvested 1 strawberry cough under 400w hps and got 70.8g.... if that gives ya an idea

3. half an ounce

4. With a good strain/growing method you can get 1-4 ounces

5. #6 drdank50, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm cloning with 150 watts and have 6 going. Im hoping to get 3oz+

6. drdank i just checked out ur last grow. what was the final weight??

7. Whats a big yield to you?

If you want to get an efficient crop from a 150watt you're gonna need good ventilation so you can dissipate the heat and get the light close and your gonna want supplemental/side lighting as well.

If you're looking to buy a light I would honestly probably suggest at least 250watt just based on how much light the 150 actually puts out. And the thing is that most 400 watts start at the same price point as a 250 or at least close enough, so you might as well go bigger and reap the rewards of bigger plants, bigger harvests.

I'm very curious to try a small led setup with a 150 watt soon just need to get the led :p, but I think results are gonna be very nice. :smoke::smoke:

8. I used a 150w hps, gutted from a security light I found for $10 w/ free shipping on amazon. Added 6 26w cfl's, 3 on each side. Was my first grow ever, ended up with approx 2.5oz from 3 plants, but I also had a myriad of problems that severely affected my yield.

This round I have the 150w hps in a diy cool tube. Haven't put the cfl's back because I really hated the clutter last time, most likely switching to just a 400w hps.

9. so i ended up buying a 150 watt sun system. i grew 4 og kush plants under it and ended up with 46 grams of dry bud. it came out pretty good. could have been better but i didnt give it a whole lot of nutes during flowering cuz i was broke and couldnt afford any. also one of the plants i grew didnt do so well it stayed short and grew tiny nugs all over it rather than big colas like the other ones. got sum new clones under my lamp now hopefully this time around i can double my harvest with better nutes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. #11 FlyMaster, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Yeah I've been surprised how much food the plants will take under 150 watt hps. I think supplement light is mandatory also and am determined to get some decent results under a smaller setup like this (would buy/build a small led unit if I had the money), just not sure about the most efficient method...1 or a few large containers, large plants-trained or scrog..or many medium container, medium size plants-sog? Are you planning on another journal? :smoke:

11. yeah i might start another journal soon. in my current grow i got 4 plants in 3 gallon pots. next time around im thinking about using (6) 1 gallon pots to see if i can increase my yield. ive always heard more plants =more yield. but u could definitely get a high yield from just one plant as long as its a good strain

12. Dude, uncanny..I'm right there with ya :). I can't tell you how many hours I've spent trying to figure out the most efficient arrangement for such a small setup..Have been growing out a few medium sized plants, 3 gal containers, LST to fill as much space as possible, don't always weigh buds but have been fairly happy with stuff I have weighed.

I think most places I've read SOG is by far the most efficient method and recently have been very interested to try it in a small grow..would just be a matter of figuring out optimal container size/veg time/number of plants. I think SOG or like you said 1 big plant, either trained or SCROG is the way to go. Let us know if you start another journal.:smoke::smoke:

13. well thats what im trying out right now so in a few weeks ill have a weight report its looking good though did lst and a scrog check ma sig..

14. I am really not trying to be a dick and I respect deadheads since I am one myself but this question is like asking somebody, "Do you like to eat?" There are too many factors that go into the yield of a garden and on the fore-front is the genetics you have.

15. all i wanted to know was has anyone had large yields using a 150 lamp. i didnt ask how much can u yield. i just wanted to know what peoples experiences were. if uve grown with a 150 b4 then id like to hear what u got to say otherwise u can find another thread to criticize peoples questions

• Like Like x 1
  16. a friend. lol.. just recently pulled 33 g from 2 sfvog in 3 gallon pots. sunsystem 150, one 42w 2700k, and one 23 w 5500k. ffof only.

17. yeah thats around the same that i got when i grew ogs. is ur friend gonna grow again? do u think he'll grow 2 plants again or maybe grew a few more in smaller pots?

18. yep. a few weeks into flower. six 1 gallon pots. larry og, blue dream, jilly bean, herijuana, dream queen, devils weed. looks like yield will double.

19. I got 3.25 oz off of 4 plants, only vegged for 2.5 weeks and I added 168w of cfl to my 150HPS