White hairs striaght from newly cracked seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Purple Monster, Apr 27, 2011.

1. I'm kind of puzzled and I was wondering if this has happened with anyone else ever...

I recently planted my seeds a little less than a week ago and as soon as my little seedlings popped up on two of my plants their were white hairs growing from the first two leaves. I know it's not possible to sex a plant with in the first week of it cracking from seed, but the weirdness of it is they looked so much like little white pistols. I have googled and googled and only found one other case of this although the thread did not give me much information. So hopefully I can get some information on this and I will try to upload a photo of this phenomenon as soon as possible. Any thoughts?

2. i'd post pictures and every detail you can about how you are growing it if you want help.

3. My plants white hairs/ pistols? I dunno weird to me never had this happen before.

Attached Files:

4. This one that popped up is not as healthy looking but a better view of the hairs I'm talking about. I'm letting them veg under a a snake lamp that helps the photosynthesis of plants they seem to like the snake lamp and I plan to get a higher 150 watt version soon as I get paid. It's just a small closet grow three plants although I'm thinking of getting rid of this one bit the hairs intrigue me too much too. This one ha three the other has two.

Attached Files:

5. what kind of seeds you got there?

6. My collection of random seeds. I really don't know where they came from or who made them. I just have a huge baggy of seeds and I germinated them and this is what I got.

7. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? I know I certainly haven't. I thought you could only sex a plant like two weeks into flowering or if you forced a clone? These look like little itty bitty pistols to me. What do you guys think?

8. interesting for sure, but answers i has not
    [​IMG]

9. C'mon Yoda, I thought you were supposed to be mysteriously all knowing. :( No one can answer this?

10. Take some pictures that actually have the subject in focus.

11. its gonna die

12. some kind of super weed.

13. If you cant see the white hairs then your blind

14. Don't be a dickhead.

The subject has no details because it is out of focus. It would be nice to get a clear shot of the plant.

15. It has the same disease as Benjamin Button.

16. Its no big deal man, mine did the same thing. It's just a piece of the leaf that has no chlorophyll in it. Not some kind of super weed, it looks cool, but it's probably not indicative of whether or not it's female/male. Just grow it out to see, good luck bro. :smoke:

17. way to kill the mood man... i was kinda digging the Benjamin button reference...

18. i had an auto do the same thing no worries...everything worked out till the smokey end for that one

19. You are either really lucky and you can tell its female right away.

Or

You have a slight variation in that seed that may be manipulating chlorophyll activity or a type of mosaic, disease, anything. It's probably too young to have a disease and be that otherwise healthy looking. I say wait it out plants do weird things sometimes... look at this.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. thinking about it more, i would back up its just a cloryphyll(sry for spelling) definciency
    NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, besides, it'll probably look pretty badass when its older, ever seen a WHITE pot leaf, they're pretty sick
    and that one posted above thats like half and half, BADASS:cool: