Nirvana White Widow hempy SOG

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drdank50, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hey all, I just wanted to put something out here to help educate everyone that has a small time grow. We have the following:

- DR40 Secret Jardin
    - Sun System 4 175watt MH/150watt HPS
    - Can Filter 2600
    - 6 White Widow clones

Basically, I my goal here is to get .5g per watt. I want to help teach everyone how they can maximize the use of smaller lights for personal medicine. I appreciate any feedback and comments as this can only assist others through their growing experiences. Eventually, I would like to setup an automatic irrigation system using a 5 gallon bucket and use a drip system to auto feed them after I transplant them into 2 quart containers.

Here are the pics:

Attached Files:

2. Also to note that I am using the Lucas formula with GH floranova bloom.

3. Looks good so far man, I also like how you include your goals for the grow and put a lot of thought into it. How long do you plan on vegging for?

Also, I have a DR as well - what do you make of that meshy vent thing on the side? lol

4. Are you just using hydroton to grow them in?

5. No they are hempy buckets. 100% perlite toppe off with hydroton to prevent algae growth.

The mesh windows are questionable. I have a td100 inline fan blowing air in and a td100x connected to the carbon filter.

6. Ah okay... But you just leave that window as is? I assume that you don't have to worry about light leaks, then? I just leave mine as-is, but it's in a room where I fortunately don't really have to worry about light leaks. Otherwise I suppose you could tape something over it or rig it up some other way. Although, I am confused as to why they added it in the first place, especially considering the tent is supposed to be completely light proof yet comes with a big mesh window on the side... lol.

7. Good thinking with the hyrdroton on top I use pure perlite with hydroton in the bottom. I will cover the top with hydroton as well i used card board with foil for reflecting the light up before. Im experimenting with osmocote plus time release ferts right now in my hempy buckets.

8. I hope that you not planing to flower your 5 plants in that tent... 2 plants is the max (still would be very tight) for that tent....
    P.S.So far looks good.:wave:

9. I plan on flowering all 6 of the plants in the DR40. I took clones from a mother plant because I have never cloned before. I had 100% success using a humidity dome and rapid rooter plugs. However, I'm going to be switching to a DIY bubble cloner next time. The bubble cloner seems to get roots much faster. They are easy to make out of a tupperware shoebox.

All 6 of these clones are going to be grown to 8-10" as lollipops before I flower them. Im hoping that each lollipop will yield between 8g-16g per plant. Its more of an experiment to see how big of a yield I can get with having a smaller light.

I can probably speak for others that have limited space, and a desire to grow enough. When we all first start, everyone wants to have a huge setup with a 600W HPS light, but when you sit down and think, you really only need a setup like this to have enough bud to last you and your spouse enough to get by till the next grow.

I know all strains are different and of course factoring in genetics also plays a key role in how big they'll get and their yield. The nice thing about this SOG when you grow lollipops is that you remove the undergrowth popcorn buds and just concentrate on a main cola. You'll see that all 6 of these clones will have even growth on the top so I'll be able to keep my light perfectly in line with all the clone tops come flower time.

With any luck, I'll be able to kick them into 12/12 this coming Saturday.

10. 8g X 5plants = 40g or 20g X 5plants =100g.......Or one plant with enough space to grow (DR40) 60-90g.... Less work...Same amount of medicine... Good luck.

11. I have grown 1 plant in the tent and have no been able to get more than 1.5 oz. Hence my reason for the SOG. Plus, growing 1 plant you'll be hard pressed to get all the nodes to catch light at the same height. Sure, you can scrog, but then you save all your administrative work for the end in trimming. Scrog is a bitch to manicure. The use of clones really simplifies things because a lot can go wrong with using just 1 plant. Just my opinion though...

12. I think LST can be done to get better light coverage... I hope it work out for you.
    I wish all the best :wave:subscribed.

13. Good luck man, 4 plants in a DR40!:eek: They look happy though, sub'd.

14. 6 in a dr40 :)

15. Hempy SOG is my favorite :)

Its looking good from here bud.

Keep at it.

16. Thanks Xare! I am :) They are at about 5" right now and still have a few more to go before I flower them. These clones have had a nice veg so Im looking forward to the end results. GH Floranova bloom is awesome with the Lucas formula.

Just wait till these things start blowing up 5 weeks into flower :) Its gonna be a nice tight fit!

17. A dr40 will only support 1 ww at most unless your gonna use small containers and try to lollipop them. I use a dr100l and can only fit 3-4 full sized plants in it.

18. I am putting them in 2 quart apple juice containers with metal tape around them to prevent light leaks. I plan on flowering the clones at 8-10" and lolli'ing them so I can fit 6 in there and have them at an even light level.

19. #19 drdank50, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    So here we are in the new home. I moved them to the 2 quart apple juice containers. They need about 3/4 gal of water now.

I'm going to give them another week of veg since they are still only 5" tall. I took the clones small and its my first experience cloning so I will make sure the mom fills out more next time. I had 100% success rate with rapid rooters.

Pics:

Attached Files:

20. I like it.

Hempy SOG is very adaptable to small spaces for grows and its good to see others picking up on that.

Vegging a bit longer is ok. Id say no bigger then 7 inches tall before you switch to 12/12

I hand watered my first few runs to get a feel of how much water the plants used before I setup my drip system. But if you have any questions about that ask away and we can get you setup with one soon. I love having my drip system for the hempy sog. The automation makes it even more easy.