6 ft Dr.Grinspoon

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kali King, Apr 3, 2011.

1. I was trying to find a picture to compare mine to, but i could not... Just wanted to share with everyone, it seems to be a coveted strain. Supposedly if done correctly it can produce 25 percent thc... the picture is before flower, it is about 21 days in now, so roughly 80 more to go yay!!(sarcasm) Its around 7.5 ft now will update when it has prominent flowers

Attached Files:

2. ...somebody lied to ya, or false advertisement or something...there's no such thing as cannabis @ 25% thc ....I'm just say'n

3. I'm just repeating what was advertised at Barney's Farm seed bank. If you look it up its got to be one of the weakest yielding plants of all time, but the upside to this is its high thc content.. (supposedly, i have yet to yield.) But white russian from serious seeds boasts 22 percent, white widow 19.5, i dont see why 25% seems so absurd..

4. Also if anyone has grown this strain personally and has pics of right before harvest and harvested buds please please share.

5. That shits going to get tall as fuck. Outdoor?

6. Don't you hate it when people just throw out absolutes? no proof, no info just: "there's no such thing as cannabis @ 25% thc"...
    To resolve, you CAN have pot with up to around 30% thc (however it is rare and is usually under 15% apparently)... where did i find this out? the book that i logged out of my UNIVERSITY library... aka a reputable source. Not just some random stoner on the internet throwing out facts that they're so "sure" of...

7. I have three Dr. Grinspoon plants in flower at the moment. One looks just like the photo from the seed bank advertisements; The "String of beads" phenotype AKA the Caterpillar phenotype.

The other two have very airy, but more typical bud structure. I prefer the look of the "Bead" pheno mainly because the other phenotype looks like an absolute trimming nightmare.

These have been flowering since January 6.

Bead Pheno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bud Pheno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side By Side:

[​IMG]

These are in 16qt. (4 gallon) pots in soil.
    I would use much bigger containers if I were to grow this strain out again. This is the first time I've grown it or smoked it, so I don't know if it is a keeper strain or just something that was interesting to try.

I'll get some macro shots to show Trichome development. It has trichomes on much of the surface area of the stalk and branches.

8. ...you didn't prove shit! hahahahahahahahahaha....except that you know nothing, and your exactly the person your pet peeve describes.

9. That shit looks weird lol

10. Yes. It does look very strange. Especially the Bead pheno.

11. (you're, the first time)

You guys should smoke a bowl of Northern Lights Haze

Staff Picks | Full Spectrum Labs

These guys have beakers and test tubes and white coats and machines that go "Ping!" Gotta love pot nerds.

You can't argue with their numbers.

A seed company may make a claim of 27% THC content and that may happen if you grow it perfectly. For the most part, seed companies exaggerate like nobody's business.

When you are saying something like, "25% THC" that is misleading.
    That number comes from a combination of

CBD
    CBN
    CBC
    THCV

and THC

You add all those up and that is your percent. Granted that THC makes up a huge percent of that number.

I have had cannabis tested at over 20% that I did not like nearly as much as cannabis that tested at 14%.

The CBDs etc are really the fun and important part.

If you had pure THC, real pure THC, it would probably be quite a terrifying type of high.

12. In the pic i posted its in a 5 gallon, but before i flowered i put it in a 10 gallon and it is well over 7ft-- your the shit by the way thanks for the pics

13. I bet that "caterpillar" pheno is some brain-wrecking cerebral funk :wave: can't wait to see some dried and cured pics of that, keep it up homie...

to the dumbass who keeps stating things that are not true as though they are definitive facts - shut the hell up and stop spreading misinformation please...

14. Ehh, I'm not some 40 year old lady that doesn't regularly smoke marijuana...( I'm assuming you saw that bbc program or whatever of that lady that injects pure thc, and then another day injects pure thc w/ cbds,cbns ect...) Pure THC she seemed to be on a LSD nightmare, and the ladder she could not stop laughing and wanted a bag or chips. I've never been scared under the influence, because I know I'm under the influence, and trust me I've been practicing looking normal while I'm high in front of people for 10 years now. What adult male gets scared, besides when confronted with a wild animal or something of the unknown. Have you ever over dosed on nicotine? Not scary, you just faint and wake up puking. I'm sure pure THC would be way less dramatic than that. BE AFRAID PEOPLE. ALWAYS BE VERY AFRAID. ha

15. You are missing my point and I can't figure out yours.

THC is not nearly as good as THC with the cannabinoids.

I doubt you have ever had pure THC, most people haven't.

I certainly was not putting forth the idea that people should be afraid of a plant.

16. Hmm, ever heard of Marinol pills, Pure thc, and many people in the states come across such pills. Under perfect conditions most advertised THC content from respected seed banks can be achieved. I've seen 20 % THC and 5.5 % CBD listed seperately at Harborside in Oakland. So you don't know for certain of the method of each individual seed bank of rating THC.

17. I don't know much about marinol or other pharm garbage.
    If you read my post I said that "A seed company may make a claim of 27% THC content and that may happen if you grow it perfectly." I don't know what you are arguing.
    Seed companies probably use the highest number they could.

I trust unbiased laboratory reports over seed banks and dispensaries any day.

18. Marinol is SYNTHETIC thc just sayin

19. Grinspoon grow off! That is one funky looking plant. Either of you guys have journals?

20. I was prescribed 10 Mg Marinol pills about six years ago. I was given three ten mg pills a day as my script for chronic nausea following a near fatal attack of Rhabdomyolysis. The script was over $2,000 US per month, and it didn't do shit. After going through the first thirty pills with no relief from the daily vomiting, I said fuck it and took the remaining sixty in one sitting.

I never filled the script again due to the cost, ineffectiveness, and lack of insurance coverage for that particular drug.

As far as the percentages listed from "Labs" and Seed Breeding companies... it is all bullshit. It is marketing, plain and simple.

Full Spectrum Scams is more like it.

The Sixty pill dose didn't do much either. Just made my vision blurry for a couple hours.