xxOrangeHairz Rubbermaid Box Grow CFLxx

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OrangeHairz, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hello GC. I have 2 bagseeds that i germed using the papertowl method a few days ago. i planted the first seed when the taproot just barely broke through the seed. it broke groound today. i planted the second a few days later. i have a light timmer but i have the lights on 24/0 i am playing to switch to 18/6 in a few days after the seeds take root.

my setup is simple and small. its in a medium sized rubbermaid box. i have 2 26w 1 20w and 1 13w. i have other plants inside this box but they are normal plants like radish and cabbage.

i have just regular soil. but for nutes i have superthrive and schultz african violet. i will begin superthrive at 14days at half strength. i have 1 4inch fan for exhaust and a hole for intake. the temps are in the mid 70's all the time. humidity is around 35%.

i am mainly using this as a journal for me to track my growth. i am growing mainly for fun and gaining a few grams at the same time would be a plus. i am going to make clones out of my female (i figure at least 1 will be female) i will have about 5 clones and do a sea of green and flower when they are really young just to see what will happen.

i know this isnt the best plan but it all i have untill i can put more time effort into this. please dont say idk what i am doing, i do. this is just for experience and fun. sorry if this doesnt make much sence i am alittle:smoke: right now. i will have pics uploadedd tomarrow for sure goodnight.
    :hippie:

2. Sounds like a fun experiment. As long as you let the plant that the clones come from reach maturity, you won't have any problems flowering the clones as soon as they root. You should at least wait until they root (I'm sure you already plan on that), but flowering early in a SOG is the only way to roll, especially if it's in a small space. Good luck, I'll keep watching.

3. hey everyone. my phone camera sucks so no pics yet but im going to get a digital camera soon. this plant is 6 days old. this first one died on me so i only have one but it looks healthy. it has its first leave set and is growing its second already. about 1 1/2 inches tall maybe 2. temps in mid 60's to mid 70's. i will take clones when its older and veg them in this box also.

planing on getting some vitamin b1 or fish emulsion 5-1-1. which one for veg? also i will only be vegging in this box.

4. Pics plz!!!

5. pics please

6. i know i know, as i stated earlier i need to get a digital camera. hopefully tomarrow as i got paid yesterday. well monday cause i cant cash it tomarrow. but the second leaf set looks nice. no stretching. i dont know if you can tell if its sativa or indica yet. but if i had to guess i would say sativa. going to order some KC brains Brasil x Mango off of Attitude sometime soon. tried to order tonight but my prepaid card doesnt do pounds.:confused: so i will have to do a mail order. :eek: but the plus is it comes with free white widow seeds:D

all for 30$. so 10 seeds plus the WW. lights are about to go off for the night(6 hours).

:hippie:

7. #7 OrangeHairz, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
    heres the plant at 8 days from sprouting. plant.jpg

8. #8 OrangeHairz, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
    can you not see the pic. how do you upload pics.

Edit: figured it out.

9. hey man, had the same problem a couple days ago ..
    when you are in ur reply just hit the paper clip beside the smiley face, or you could try to add them under the additional option menu however that didnt work for me for some reason. make sure ur files are under the allowed size and upload one at a time. once they are uploaded u can close the mini window and post
    subbed here man, come check out my grow sometime:wave:

10. thanks man i'll check yours out now. just fixed the pic.
    also i ordered some FF Grow Big last night. should be here in the next few days. will start that when the girl is a bit older. anyone have experience with grow big. or have anytips besides 1/4 str.?

11. Wait until atleast 30 days have passed or 3 nodes are showing before you start nutes.

12. thanks but i know plenty of people who nute starting at 2-3weeks. and ill use like 1/8 str. of FF grow big that just arrived today,

Also i picked up a gram of Green Crack today. ill post pics when i can.

13. yea, sometimes you will have 3 nodes in a 3 week period. most soils have enough nutes for 28-31 days.

14. ya. im wondering why my plant is still so small, no point in a new pic. its a lil taller, and the second leaf set is a little larger. other than that nothing. i want to move it to a hydro set up. but im thinking of a way to do that.

15. #15 rickylahey, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    i think aeroponics is the cheapest/easiest way to go hydro. Get a tub, some net cups, a pump, and an airstone. you can get everything at walmart except the cups for under 30 bucks.

use a fishtank pump, airstone is in the same section. Rubbermaid tote with a lid. Drill holes in the lid and drop in net cups

16. ya i got all that besides cups. at walmart last night lol. stoners think alike? but i dont have room for that. everything has to fit in a rubbermaid tote.

17. plant3.jpg

heres the setup including my problems:

moved to a 32oz hyrdo unit(gatorade bottle)
    the plant is in a litlle plastic cup with wholes in it.
    the plant is held in place by cotton balls. i dont kknow what else to use. its small and i dont have clay. suggestions are welcome
    the water is distilled with 1/8 Fox Farms Grow Big. also a little baking soda because the plant had a calcium def and it messed it up bad.
    its under 85 watts of CFL light. intake/outake. temps are 68 low 78 high. lights are 18/6.

sorry for pics. cell phone cameras:mad:

this is for you Rumple

you cant tell in pic but sides are slightly brown from MG soil that they were in.
    the first leaves(the wierd ones when it first sprouts) are yellow but no burn or dead. more leaves are under the 2 biggest leaves. they are coming in. the big leaves are curling downward.

Attached Files:

18. Yo bro try moving you lights farther away from ur plants looks like they be gettin some sun burn.

or if u usued nutes that could be the case