How do YOU get a dry pound with a 1kw light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Magnum420, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hey guys just wondering how u guys get a pound of dry smoke. I know there's different ways to do it. Using a 1000w light and and a soil grow. Please include how many plants and how long veg time and the style if any like SOG or SCROG. That way I can work on my next grow with the help of others input. Thanx

2. Dose anyone here get a pound? Should I just be asking what's the most YOU got out of a soil grow with a 1000w light?

3. Easy to get a pound. It's all about your environment and seeds. Get good seeds, a good set up, good ventilation, make sure pH and EC are correct, and the right nutrients. Have seen people get 3lb from 1 1000w light.

4. I use a light mover in my small flower room 5X6 1000 watts

I average 25-30 oz's a run. this run I should do better due to the larger 5 gallon pots i'm using.

[​IMG]

5. Sergio how many plants are in there? How long did u veg to get 25 to 30oz off each harvest?

6. That happens to be 13 plants. I normally veg 4-5 weeks. these got 4. I run5 gallon smart pots with soil.

Your questions are good cuz: Veg time and pot size are the most important aspects of growing and yield. along with genectics and lumens.

I was averaging 3 oz's a plant and usually ran 15 3 gallon smarts. this time I went with bigger pots and just a few less. seems to be going well.

This is my casey jones @ 5 weeks. My new favorite :D

[​IMG]

7. Here's my veg set up. If you need anything stop by my journal. I'll like my sig. I'm just lazy. lol

This is the next run waiting to go 12/12 in a few weeks:D

[​IMG]

8. how do you NOT get at least a # with 1000W??

I have always grown hydro and SOG until recently. I was always very close to 2# per 1000 with room for improvement. Now I am doing bigger plants

You should be able to get a # w/o much problem

9. Well i don't have much space about a 4x6 with a 6.5ft top. I'm gonna use 1 gallon pots with a total of 9 bubalisious, I didn't want to use bigger pots cuz I didn't want the plants to get to big and overcrowd each other, I thot I'd have a lil more control of them?

10. Anyone ells care to tell us how u get a pound off a 1kw light? I just want to know if 9 plants in 1gal soil pots that have veg for 3wks are capable of producing a pound? Or shud I go with less plants and bigger pots as well as longer veg time? But that won't be till next grow :(

11. Hey sergio, I used that same stuff on my walls. Beware its flammable as hell I tested it.

12. The right strain as tall as possible and not crowding.

Pick a heavy strain like Big Bud, White Widow, or White Rhino.

Make sure to use as much of your room's height as you can. This can take a few full cycles to nail down.

Ten plants max under that lamp, but I would do eight (will speed things up a lot).

Growing hydro and using CO2 enrichment seems to help bulk up your plants as well as cutting your veg time in half.

Try new things a keep what works for you.

I can get a pound from a single 400 watt lamp and two plants in less then three months total time. Took a lot of cycles to get to that point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bigger pots than 1 gals also....

Rumple and Sergio , good advice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ^Definitely.

• Like Like x 1

15. ^^^^^WORD^^^^^

Experience will get you where you want to go. Everything else is a distant second.

Just like having a set of Ping clubs does not make you Tiger Woods.

Wet

16. Bigger pots, veg time is fine. But environment is key.

You can have all the lights you want, but you won't yield a dime, so to speak, if your environment is out of whack. I've seen some teeny tiny plants under thousands of watts, plants that could have been HUGE if they had enough extraction, less humidity etc.

17. Well next round I'll go with 3galon pots? Keep in mind I would still like to get 9 plants under my 1k lamp, rump do u think I would have more sucsess with 2 400w lamps? It's also less power on the bill which is always nice, a lot of peaple didn't seem to think 2 400 were good idea?

18. Anyone ells want to add to this page?

19. Dude you had Rump come in here and give you the info you need.

Not sure what else anyone can add.

Good luck!

20. Bro ur rite, I already followed his directions on how to make a clone bucket, and have successfully made about 10 clones and the bucket only cost about $60! Not bad when we get the clones for about $10 each ;)