How strong will my plants smell? (newb)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 777Budz, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Hi, sorry for the newb question but I want to plan these things out.

I live in apartment so smell is a factor. I am a new grower and I was recommended some NL x big bud as I was told they wouldnt stink that bad. I am going to start w/ some bag seed then grow these.

Is the general smell strong enough to make my whole aparment "stink"? i was only planning on 4 mature plants at a time(400-600hps). Do I need to get a carbon filter,etc...?

Any help is appreciated

2. yes the platns will stink lol .... you live in an apartment ?? do you ever smell what other people are having for tea dinner etc ??? if so then i would advise against it .. ... the carbon filter will work while its groing but when you harvest n dry etc then the smell will be free for all noses ..

3. So what do you use during drying thats not mad expensive?

4. i have my own house with a loft so it drys up there
    but during the cutting i bring them down stairs and use an air purifier with a built in de-ioniser and carbon filter .. was cheap enough from ebay .. keeping the doors shut and limiting everything to one room it works sufficiently

5. Even the not so smelly are really smelly? (ex: NL)

Damn....... this has gone from a simple thing to me needing to build a a good grow box w/ carbon filter, & then ozone, etc......... lmfao, i am in over my head.....

Hey man do me a favor & check out this site
    http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1556
    do you think these suggestions would be sufficent for 2-4 plants?

thx for your help man

6. so what exactly does growing bud smell like? my three seeds just popped their heads outta the soil and im curious as to what smell I will need to cover up