veg water cycle over 10 days?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnjohn, May 8, 2010.

1. I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon pots... some pots dry out after 7 days but others take over 10 days to really dry...

i have good drainage holes and very good soil (organic mixed in with light warrior) and my humidity is now around 30-40 in veg

when i do water I do water a lot, like 1 gallon per 3 gallon bucket....

anyways, my question, is waiting more than 10 days too long to water? or, regardless of time, you just water when plant pot is dry, even if its like 14 days?

2. the general rule is if the soil is dry an inch from the surface, then water. but every plant has different h20 uptake during difference stages of life and you should get a moisture meter to know for sure 100%.
    is ur plant a seedling, veg, or flower? 10 days seems like a lot, but foxfarms has good water retention so you might be okay. i water based on what my meter tells me ;)

3. Not much to go on here, but if you have fans running and exhausting stale air seems that your watering cycle could be three to four days, Seven to 14 days seems a litle long between watering. Adding perlite to the soil helps drain and dry out faster.
    Question is "How do the plants look"

4. ok, so i am in veg, about 3 weeks in or so...

most are in 3 gallon buckets and 1 in 5 gallon...

most of the plants look really great, one kinda looks like its overwatered or underwatered... well, the new growth is kinda droopy and a lil twisted but older fan leaves are nice

i have good oscillating fan and exhausts, good ventilation....

Count: you said "foxfarms has good water retention so you might be okay, but is good water retention a good thing?

more info and pics are available in my sig link....

5. Really sounds like over watering. Not enough light can also cause droopy leaves. I would pull the plant out a little from the pot, if it smells I would transplant and use about 30% perlite in good potting soil with good drainage.

6. if youre talking about the 4th pic in ur last post in ur grow thread, its cause its not getting as much light as the other. rotate your plants around every day

7. yes, the 4th pic. i'll move it tomorrow to the middle.

8. so I have been moving the plants around and turning them, I did a little LST and they looked a but better but not that much better. I am hitting 14 days tomorrow since I have not watered the pot so it is not over watering.

The issue is that the 5 gallon pot has only Ocean Forest, if it had 15% light warrior like the other pots it would probably dry up quicker. Also, my humidity has been raised in the grow room to 55% (50-70 range) so that does not help with drying but it is good for veg. Raised due to a big ass humidifier.

Anyways, 1.5 inches in the pot is still moist and the weight shows that it is not bone dry. I will probably water it tomorrow unless someone speaks up and give me some other advice.

new pics in my sig (grow journal)