1st NL Grow how do they look comments please (Pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NCDROGRO, Mar 16, 2010.

1. #1 NCDROGRO, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    Hey all, just took a few quick pics of my first NL grow. Wanted to get some comments on how they are looking please. They are in week 4 of veg, and will be going into flowering on Friday. They are currently under a 600W HPS. Thanks for checking it out all, & thanks for the comments & feedback very much appreciated! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. looking really nice bro i will be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

3. they look sexy wats the temp.????????

4. Thanks alot Auto :) check in my sig below, up to date grow journal follow along if you'd like :D
    Thank you ToKa, temps are running between 72-74 during the day & around 68-70 at night.
    Ty very much appreciate it! ;)

5. Grow is looking pretty good... you have them vegging under hps?

6. Thank you very much! Yeah I have them vegging under the HPS now. But I did start them out under my T5 for the first 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. It is more then fine to veg under a HPS imo it gets stems super thick and great bushy goodness. Just doesn't pay to buy a MH lamp for me when you can do it all under a HPS lamp very well. :)

7. Cool cool didn't know that...still learning, but either way it looks good. Keep up the good worl

8. Looking Very Healthy, Nice green color ur rocking it bro ill be watching for update! I also veg under my Hps, i think they do fine!

9. Thank you very much appreciated indeed! Definitely agree with you on vegging with the HPS :)

10. You guys should try out some CFLs to supplement the HPS, you can get 2 1750lumen daylight CFLs near me for $4.70 at home depot. If you're looking for a 40 dollar solution you can grab like 6-8 of these for a total of 10500-14000 lumens blue spectrum! They also use a lot less energy if that's a problem for you. I got lucky with buying a 400w sun system hps and a 150w hps for 180 so I'm thinking about throwing a few bucks @ some cfl and using the 150+CFL up til flowering and switch to 400w+150w hps for the flowering.

Then again, that might be something I set up for the next grow when I get mother and the clones running in their own box.

11. I agree CFLs are a nice cheap inexpensive way of growing veg or flower and do save on energy depending on how many CFLs you got going I really like the 125W ballasted ones. But CFLs are really not a good choice for side lighting when using HID lamps. I do have a 2ft. 4 bulb new wave T5 I use for seedlings & first few weeks of vegging T5's are excellent I love mine I think there the greatest things lol :D

But when it comes down to it there's nothing that compares to HID lighting for lush foliage & strong thick stems ;)

12. Why a no go on the CFL HID combo?

13. It's just what I've read on different sites and Medical Grow Bible also says it. Could be wrong but I don't think the grow bible would be.

14. Word, I was just curious. It might or might not make my life more simple.

15. Looks on looks like you got some problems though, your leaves V'ing up like that means somethings up not sure what, I've got same strain going if you want to check out sig. Other than that doesnt look 2 bad, maybe someone can chime in on the leaf v's cuz i never had that happen to me but i seen other ppl with same problem

16. #17 NCDROGRO, Mar 16, 2010
    I don't believe it's a problem just healthy leaves reaching for the light. I've seen leaves in mags look like that, just then reaching for light I'm pretty sure.

Just sub'ed to your grow btw looking good I'm interested to see how yours turn out :D

17. those babies are going to explode for you come flowering time. ;)

18. no your wrong its a problem, when plants reach for light the branches tend to bend upward to get to the light, the leaves dont actually V up like that. Also you can tell they arent reaching because the leaves are drooping down, also the fact that light is plenty powerful and close enought that they dont need to reach. Trust me when I say that is a problem and maybe some guy with more rep can tell you the same thing, but I do know what I'm talking about.

19. #20 NCDROGRO, Mar 16, 2010
    No offense or anything but your a expert? I've been told with people with rep that have been on the forums for some time that they are healthy and fine and looking good. One plants top leaves are drooping some. The branches have been bending upwards towards the light and leaves do that also. Plants reach for light regardless of how weak or strong the light is & the light is 16'' above the canopy and the temps are perfect as well as the pH. Check out my journal thread below and read the comments not once has someone said they look bad or that the leaves bending up towards the light is a issue. I don't know where your getting this from? Do you have a thread or have some article that says this is a problem or have read it somewhere I'm just curious to know?

Can anyone else comment on this & tell me if this is a problem/issue?

Also David I don't know if you have the Medical Grow Bible but if you do turn to page 166, or if you have a chance to browse through it sometime somewhere take a look it states right on pg. 166 that leaves reach for the light. strong well illuminated plants orient foliage to catch the maximum amount of light possible and shows the leaves V'ing up as you say.