How to use liquid pH up/down & how much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NCDROGRO, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hey all, just was wondering how do you know how much pH up/down to add to get the pH where you want it at? Do you just start off with a tiny amount and keep testing until you get it at the right range? Thank you in advance.

2. do you have a digital meter? i keep mine in while adding vinegar/baking soda so i can see it on the fly. then measure the runoff of course

3. Yes it is a digital meter. So I assume I would just keep my meter in the nute solution while adding either up or down until I get it at desired range?? Is this the right way? Thank you! :)

4. If you are a half point away try starting with a 1/8 tea, I shake (not sure if necessary), then use meter. At that point you with know how that solution works. I also have a little dropper so if that is way to much then you use that. After a few times it becomes very simple. I had to use vinegar temp and it changes it pretty radically.

As a note depending on what meter you have, check the calibration soon to see how that is working. On my cheap Milwak I checked if after a few uses and it was out by .5. I just got some test solution that is at 7.1 from the Hydro store when I got my up down. I have just started using this as well so I am not sure if this will be a constant problem. But for now I plan on testing my meter every week or so just to see if it keeps doing it!