Grandaddy Purple for yeild: LST,FIM,screen,etc. debate

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bobsgreen, Jan 13, 2010.

1. I need opinions on the best technique for yield. I have 16 1 week old GDPs vegging under a 1000w hps dimmed to 600w in 5gal square pots. I am in Roots Organic soil and just started feeding with Humboldt Nutrients Verde 16-1-2 because of a slight nitrogen deficiency.

2. Im going to have to school you on some GSP my friend. First off for GDP you only need 27-30K Lux for veg. When you flower you will need something like 60-70K lux. Will you have one 1000 for flowering of those 16? THat is waaaay too little. Trust me.

For 24 GDP I like minimum 4 X 600 HPS or 2400 Watts.

Also, 5 gal per lady? That is way too much. How long to plan on vegging? Also a 16-1-2? I use Botanicare Pure Blend and the veg is rock solid. I don't even use the full strength they recommend. LIke 1100 PPM using Cal mag, Grow and a little bit of liquid karma and I sometimes get Nitrogen toxicity.

Good choice on using soil or soiless, my GDP like the soiless better then say rockwool.

3. I have never grown GDP but i would do the same as i would for any other strain, LST, Topping, FIM + screen... do it all!

4. #4 dankdaddy09, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    here is my set up,,,,,,,,,,,, 6 plants LST style , 2000w , 10 gal pots... (5 gal is not way to much unless you dont have the room) i want to change to 18 gal pots maybe and veg just over 2 months all fox farm nutes, sunshine #4 , wormcastings , perlite, dolemite ( <- cant spell) around or just over half pound per plant sometimes more, dont have gdp but have grown it before....... i miss it great plant!

5. Hey guys thanks for the input. I forgot to mention ive got these 16 girls in a 5x5 growlab. I didnt want to have to veg them for too long but I do want a full canopy. I'm kinda set on staying with the 5 gallons even if it is a little overkill,they fit in my tent nicely and at least they wont get rootbound. I believe in more roots=more buds. ..If I could do it all over I would probably try to add one more row of four or five. As for the veg light I'm kinda stuck with my 600watts. plus its keeping my room temp from falling too low. I didn't really want the verde but my garden shop didn't have the Earthjuice Grow I was looking for, but I figured the Verde would do until the EJ comes in. Is 1000w really not enough light for my 5x5 with 16 girls and just a few weeks veg? I do have the vertical space but I was wanting to keep it low so the veg time would be shorter and so I wouldn't have to deal with the Grandaddy undergrowth which I hate trimming but love smoking in my vapo. Let me hear any more advice you have..its all appreciated.

6. I keep hearing about the pure blend pro but I'm trying to stay organic here but I will be getting something better than the 16-1-2 after I correct my deficiency. Thanks for the advice.