12/27/09 Update on White Dwarf Harvest!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wildnacatl, Nov 24, 2009.

1. #1 Wildnacatl, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
    How am I doing with this White Dwarf From Buddha Seeds?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Slight Discoloration at the tips of new growth is worrying me. Is this any thing to be concerned about?

[​IMG]

2. yoooo, looks great man.

one suggestion, i would slightly, day by day, tie down your tops. they are def showing heat stress. in one pic, u can even see the hairs are burning. so, adjust the tops gradually, and in a week you could prob even lower the light to reach the mid growth better. if you you tie em down slowly, you wont stress them at all either. but, you can clearly see they are showing heat stress signs. other than that, looks reeeeeally good. keep us posted man. im subscribed. +1 Rep for such healthy looking plants.

3. I am using about 200 watts of Cfls they were pretty close and I noticed what might be heat stress so I raised the cfls up about 3 more inches or so... I will take a pic of how close they are...

4. they are all in a hood above though right?? i was able to see like 10 pics before you edited your post. its best you did that though, makes it easier. but, i was luck enuf to see em all. i recall a hood. i did not see side lighting i recall, but i prob am mistaken.....if it is a hood with multiple lights, i would still suggest gently tying it down day by day in efforts to lower the hood for better mid level growth. however, if you have adequate side lighting, then thats another story. maybe u could describe your set up in entirety.

5. I had some old photos in my gallery that were from another grow. I am not using that cabinet right now this is just in a closet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. word, yea. def follow my advice and train the top as much as you can without stressing the plant. do it day by day to ensure zero stress. you should add side lighting if you can in addition. if not, your light source is like 2-3 ft from the mid-low growth. yield will be heavily reduced. for a plant that big, it is not efficient to just grow the top. you will be much happier if you get a few more lights on the side.

7. #7 Wildnacatl, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
    I just cant believe how fast this autoflower is growing so soon. Yea Later on in the grow I plan on throwing a couple of small 26w cfls around the sides of the plant its not really necessary now because my bulbs hang down at an angle and sort of surround the plant. But when it gets bigger I anticipate light it will need some more on the sides. Whats in that picture is 2 65w CFLS 1 45w and 1 26w so a total of 201w.

8. Yeah deffinatly LST that thing. Nice and bushy growth. I'm thinking about going the autoflowering route later this year, so I'll be paying close attention to how yours turns out. Good luck and thanks for posting pics.

Peace :wave:
    ~Stoney Dan~

9. it is an autoflower

10. lol I know. I went back and read the thread again. I swear I'm not as retarded as I seem. Good luck with your grow.

11. been watching my temps more closely and its looks like about 81 degrees...

12. New photos!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Temps are back inline to about 75 now.

14. #14 Wildnacatl, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
    This plant is perplexing. The life cycle of it is about half over and there are no visible trichomes even with 30x magnification

15. Some New Pics From This Morning
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. she looks healthy

17. Still not sure about this whole autoflower thing buds really aren't thickening up much. 4 weeks left time will tell...

18. Thats looking good man! I have a Blue Cheese witch stumped for some reason what looks just like that, but good luck bro!

19. Wow. That looks great. No Mylar? Just the walls, and all that light escaping? How about getting some of those white, cardboard display boards that the kids use for school projects, as walls? They have three sides, so they can stand on their own, and fold flat. They are super cheap, and will harness your light a bit to reflect it back to the plants. Try WalMart. I think they're 2-3.00 each.

We are at about the same place, with my random, bag-grow, that I started in early October. I'm about 12 days into 12/12, and mine look at about the same level of development. I changed my 5 18" fluro tube lights to the red/bule color spectrum, at the start of 12/12. I left the one 100w CFL in there, too. But, I'm thinking about adding some more CFL lights now. Another 200 (42W) bulbs is about all I have room for. Thought I would put those as side lights. Do you think that would help get fatter buds?

Mine are up in the attic, where it's getting kinda cold at night. My girls are up there because I have to hide my activities from my grown kids. So, I have set the 12/12 light portion to be on with the coldest part of the day (7P-7A), and I have put a heating pad (they produce pretty gentle heat) under the plants. The pad is on a timer, to go off for 15 minutes of every hour. They are in a 2' x 2' wood framed enclosure, that has mylar and double canvas wrapping to keep them warm, and keep the bits of stray light out. They are in 5 Gal pots, so I only water/check on them, once a week or so. That's hard, because I miss them! But the pull-down stairway and stairs are really hard for me to manage more frequently than that, at this level of disability. (I picture myself trying to explain to the EMT's that come to get me after I break a leg or hit my head, what the hell I was doing up there - and laugh!) I'm all about minimizing risk. :D

I'll be watching your grow to see how it goes. This is my first - yours? Happy harvest - any idea when that will be? Happy for you. They look good - I think, but then again, what do I know?

20. #20 Wildnacatl, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
    well this is an autoflower plat that just started week 5 so I have 4-5 weeks of growth remaining I am very happy with the density of the plan so I dont think lack of light is a problem I am using over 200w this thing is a bush and I have not needed to train it as the tops are not popping up any faster then the rest of the plant I think this is because its a ruderalis indica cross. I check the buds every day under 30x magnification for the first signs of trichomes. So far I am very happy with the vegetative growth of this but time will tell on the buds as the plant gets closer to full maturity. If any of you are curious I am using roots organic soil which is a similar blend to ocean forest and I fed fox farms grow big once at 2 weeks and feed tiger bloom once a week since then. I water with regular well water in moderate amounts as needed or about every other day. I hope to get 1 ounce off this plant. In a few weeks I am going to start vegging a freebie femmed seed of sour cream so I can put it in to flower when this one is done.