Stealth grow with pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jr22hockey, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I just set up my stealth grow box. I'm going to be growing 1 lowryder #2 under a 42 watt (150 watt equivalent) 2700k bulb. What do you guys think? I'm about to plant the seed which is germinating right now. Does anyone have any advice of planting it? I'm really nervous about not seeing it pop through the surface. THANKs

Attached Files:

2. #2 tbolg, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    The equivalent rating on CFL lights has no real value other then just implying its saved power consumption versus a conventional bulb . I would go with no less than 125wtt per plant and 50-75wtt for each additional plant . Now im not saying those bulbs wont grow plants because they will , just not anywhere near quality nor a good yield .

More lights = Better !

Also what about ventilation and getting fresh air to you plants . You will minimally need computer fan mounted or maybe a couple. Without fresh Co2 exchange your going to see stunted growth .

And i nearly missed your part about the 2700K bulb . I would use that bulb for flowering and 6500K bulbs for the vegatative period.

Not trying to be an ass or negative Nancy but you have a lot more researching to do before this first grow it sounds like . Look at ALLLLL the stickies and read them from each section . They are a golden wealth of information already piled together for yoy to read. Put them to use =) .

3. haha thanks but I think I know enough. i've been on RIU for a few months now and i just joined GC. The reason I'm only using one 2700k bulb is cause its an autflower. It'll go from beg to flower in about a week maybe 2 weeks. So I don't see a point of starting off with a 6500k. If the nodes strech a lil whatever, its an autoflower, it'll be about a foot and a half MAX.

Good point on the ventilation. I was gunna say fuck it, but I think I'll go to Home depot tomorrow and pick up an axial fan (comp. fan) snf put a carbon filter in front of it to add on the left side as an exhaust (passive intake). AND CHECK THIS OUT! Febreze 04530F Odor Removal Appliance its a plug in carbon filter that will fit inside my stealth box. Between the carbon filter exhaust, the Febreze Carbon filter, and the bag Arm and hammer im planning on putting next to the plant I'm hoping there will be no smell. Also, its in a small closet which will keep in the smell. You think this odor control will work?

4. I bet you can do this. It's the most ghetto thing I've seen, but if you keep that bulb right on the plant, it'll get enough almost enough light.

But it it were me (and it kinda is, see my grow here), I'd add just one more bulb, on a bulb splitter. The normal plant grows as a sorta triangle, and then the bulbs (at a 90 degree angle from each other) could be efficiently positioned to cover more of the top.

And yeah, some sort of air exhaust with a fan might be ok, but only if you can allow the humming noise in your stealth. If not, heck, it's winter soon and your room might be less than 70 degrees anyway...just put some holes near the top of the box for passive heat escape.

5. thanks man. thats what I like to hear. and I think I will pick up another bulb with a splitter. I'm not worried about it getting too hot. My closet gets colder than my room in the winter. It would be SWEET if it turned purple cause of the cold which i've seen sometimes (although not on lowryder). I'm just nervous about planting the seed tomorrow. It seems unbelievable that it'll grow into a plant. aah the miracle of life:smoke: Oh When you water, is the water supposed to sit on top of the soil then slowly seep in?

6. What is that, a cardboard box? Well, I guess you work with what you have. Too bad you don't have your own place away from prying eyes to do things up a bit.

Two notes:

1) Get at least one more CFL, as mentioned. Your plant will thank you for it. Otherwise, you *will* be disappointed with your harvest.

2) Definitely get some ventilation. A plant in that space during flowering can go through all the CO2 in that box (380 ppm) in 3-4 minutes. Ever put a bag over your head and try to breathe? Same thing. Cut off their food supply (below ~200 ppm) and the plant simply stops growing.

Good luck brother,

-TL

7. Yeah. I hear ya. I am going to be doing a legitamate grow in my friends closet where there is more room and better materials. We're gunna be growing 2 lowryders, 1 Barney's Utopia Haze, 1 LA Woman, and 1 sour cream under a 400 watt HPS/MH using fox farm...I thought it would be a good idea to get a little experience first

8. I was afraid that, with only one bulb, your plant would get too stringy and tall. Once that happens, it's even harder to give it enough light with cfl bulbs.

Keep those bulbs really close, like within 2 inches, right from the time it sprouts. Don't worry, you won't burn it. The only problem would be if the leaf actually touches the bulb.

And use good dirt. Snag some high quality un-used potting soil somewhere. Don't go digging outside for shit dirt.

You'll love it. damn cannabis grows really fast. It's very fun.

:)

9. hey. Alright I just finished setting up my grow (for now). I now have 2 2700k 43 watt bulbs which is 5400 lumens. Should be way more than enough for this tiny autoflower grow. As you can see in the pictures, i set up the Febreze carbon filter as my exhaust and the crack in the doors is a passive intake. Cost me all about 60 dollars.

Oh! And the seed germinated so I planted it. I'm using miracle grow seed starter soil with miracle grow perlite (about half and half). What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Any advice would be great!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      80.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      84.1 KB
      Views:
  10. Should be pretty sweet. I really like your grow. :)

My advice right now is, with just a tiny seedling, use only one bulb and put your baby right next to it, like only 2 inches away max. That'll help it stay short, green, and bushy. At this stage, the other bulb would be too far away to be of any use. I'd have used a bluer type of cfl bulb..something above 5000K, as that will also help keep your plant from stretching.

Don't attempt to transplant it for about 10 days. Maybe add another half an inch of soil once the cotyledons rise up---that will help support the stem.

Also, I wouldn't use quite that much perlite when you transplant it later to a bigger pot. I'd say 25% perlite, 75% soil.

11. haha. :) Thanks! I took a look at your grow before and it looks sweet as well.

I'll post again when my baby pops through the surface

12. Ugh. I messed up. I was looking so hard for the sprout that I touched the soil and killed the sprout i think. I found what looked like my seed but with white mush on the inside and I was just wodering. If I germinated my seeds while they were exposed to light, could they have gotten messed up? and How much water is too much water?

13. 1st- seeds and more specifically roots are photo-sensitive. You want them in a dark warm area for germination . No light should be put on any germinating seeds until after you see a sprout .

2nd- How much water is too much ? if your talking about how much water to put on your paper towel tek germinating seeds . What i do is put enough water so that the paper towel is 3/4 full of water but not so much that it causes it to drip .

Hope this helps .
    Tbolg

14. Yeah. Thanks tbolg. I just started a new seed which just germinated (although I'm not gunna plant it yet). And I had my light on which was probably a mistake... Hopefuly this one will go better.

15. I planted my seed and it sprouted but the first leaves haven't quite come out of the seed shell yet. Should I wait until the first two round leaves come put before turning the lights on?

And another question. Does anybody think it is worth it to go out and buy a 23 watt 5500k bulb for ten dollars for the two weeks of vegetative for a lowryder?

Any advice is appreciated and often rewarded with Rep

16. From what I've seen, definatlely worth it. Go out and pick up a 23w 6500k bulb, they're the daylight ones. At least it'll be a good supplement for your girl while she's young.

17. its so small all the trouble seems pointless to me, but i guess u have to start somewhere

18. im on board

19. Alright the seed sprouted and I just transfered it from my dark warm germinating/sprouting room to my grow box. It has now been under a 23 watt 5500k CFL for a whole 5 minutes.

The stem is a little droopy right now but I'm thinking that that's because I haven't watered it in three days...I'm going to water it tonight.

What do you guys think?

And I'm hoping that this light will cause the plant to focus its energy on growing leaves as opposed to a longer stem. Will this light give my sprout some green?

Attached Files: