Got dank?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by defected_saint, Sep 7, 2009.

1. #1 defected_saint, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
    So my dealer decides now is the time to commit to higher education, that's all well and good but in pursuit of said education he decided to stop providing me...or anybody else for that matter, with weed. Pretty shitty. So I decide it's time for me to start growing again. I pick a few seeds out and plant away, I'm using...I dunno, some random soil. It's not miracle grow so that's all that matters to me.

These seeds came from what I'd consider to be some mid, and from what my understanding of dank is it's simple weed with no seeds. Or more percisely weed that was grown and not pollenated by male plants. So if I grow my lone one female, and treat her good while growing then it will be "dank". This is my assumption, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm currently growing with a mix of outdoor/indoor cycles. Basically I stick her out in the sun all day and when the sun goes down I bring her inside and set her under some lights. I'm using three of those cheap ass energy saver lights and one regular light for about 6-7k lumens. Sure that's not much considering most serious indoor growing setups but my plant is only inside for the dark phase...well I cant really call it that since its under lights most of the time and only gets 4 hours or so of darkness. I'm not too worried though since its outside most of the day and no amount of lights can stand up to the sun.

As far as feeding is concerned it gets pissy water...seriously. 8 ounces of piss per gallon of water. I try and use rain water if I can. When she starts flowering I'll feed her some molasses but shes not big enough for me to force her into that stage yet.

UPDATE
    Decided my girl was big enough and switched to a 12/12 cycle Monday...4 days ago. Since I'm entering a new phase I need to change what I'm feeding my plant.

That's right, no more piss. Regardless of anybodies personal opinion my plant has proven that if used correctly weed will thrive on piss.

I've been only watering it for the past few days to flush any lingering urine that may still be there. Today I started feeding her molasses, get the plant use to it before I up the dosage. Only using 1 table spoon per gal right now. I read that during/after flowering a plant could have doubled or tripled in size, I hope this is the case because I want to harvest pounds not ounces.

I still don't know what strain the plant is, but it's really bushy so I still think its indica...or a heavy indica hybrid.

Grow room
    [​IMG]

Slanted side view
    [​IMG]

Looks like a tree
    [​IMG]

Looking down
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. wait so its bagseed from 'mids', you dont have it on a real light cycle and you fertilize with piss?

yah i'd say thats gonna be some good nugs.

protip: chop up some dead animals and throw them on top of the soil before you water. doesnt matter what kind. they're all pink on the inside (amirite?) just add 1/4 pound of chopped animal per 3 gallon pot.

but if you don't do that i'd consider giving some info like how big the plant is, how long its been in veg, what kind if liquids you ingest and piss out in to the plants you wish to smoke, strain and weather.

3. #3 defected_saint, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    First, it doesn't matter where I got the seeds. I could order the best seeds online and grow shit if I don't grow with care.

Second, I never said it wasn't on a light cycle. The sun rises, the plant go outside, The sun sets the plant comes inside to lights. It gets 4 hours or so of darkness then back outside.

Third, human urine is a great source of nitrogen. A vital element needed by the plant for vegitation.

But obviously you're too busy being a smartass...actually more of a dumbass to give any prevalent information.

How big is the plant? That's what the pix are for.

As far as how long its been in veg I'd say 1 1/2-2 weeks. Like I said, the plant is relatively young.

Next?

4. Dont piss on your plants, its not a good as you think

5. the urine could also be very acidic depending on what youve had :)

looks like a mix though not pure indica

but still very healthy and beautiful. keep up the good work :wave:

6. #6 HERB INSURGENT, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009

8 ounces of piss per gallon is too much if your going to use your fucking pee add only about 1-2 tablespoons per gallon if that urin has a very high nitro ratio and can easily burn your plants if not dilluted properly

you need to get your plant on a set schedule in a set spot draging it around your yard and back inside is not what i call giving your plant loving care your going to stress the fuck out of .

i grow some fuck'n dank ass frosty weed from these seeds that came from a good quality mid i grew it the right way under the right lighting for the right amount of time with the right amount of nutes and then one of the most important steps i cured it the right way for the right amount of time get the idea the weed was ten times better then the shit i orignally bought

so to answer your question yes you can grow dank outta of decent bagseed but you have to nuture her right and your not doing this at all so i think you need to read a little more info

you can give all the love in your heart to your plants and thats a big part of it but its not all of it you need to meet all of your plants needs and follow some basic rules of growing marijuana to have a successful plant ..meaning you pray all you want and send all the love you want but if you dont have your facts down man your going to be very disappointed

7. Hmm, before I decided to actually use my piss I looked around for proper ratios as to not burn the plant. Pretty much EVERY source I've seen gave me a ratio of about 8 ounce per gallon. Some were a litle lower some were more. I was actually pretty skeptical until I saw a show on discovery...or national geographic, not sure which but this show also talked about pee as a fert for plants. Their ratio was 8 ounces per gal. I value your input but looking at my plant, which is very green and healthy I'm sticking with my current ratio. 1-2 tablespeens doesn't even seem logical. As for hats in my pee, since I knew I'd be using my pee for this I tried not to eat or drink anything that might be harmful in my piss.

I can understand the light issue thing, if it seems like I'm stressing my plant out then I'll stop. But it's getting too cold to leave her outside at night and I want the plant growing from sunlight. I dont care what anybody says, there is no better light source than the sun. Honestly though my plant doesnt appear to be stresed, I havent sen any leaves drop, turn brown, discolor, get spots or anything. So my new plan is a 18-6 hour light cycle 11 a.m. to 5 a.m. I do not quite understand how moving my plant during its light cycle will stress it. Generally around 6-7 p.m. the sun has set and there is no more direct sunlight where I keep the plant, I have to move it.

My plant is telling me it likes what I'm doing, I've only posted two topics. The first was the first time I ever grew. It has pictures of that ill fated plant. Look at that plant and look at the current one and tell me if you can see a diference. The sad part about it is that plant was 3+ weeks older than what I'm growing now...and it lookes like shit compared to this one. I think my growing method is fine, I needed to refine my light schedule but 18-6 seems to be a good choice. A lot of people like it and seem to think its better than 12-12. I was doing 20-4 but i'll see how this 18-6 stuff works out.

I am concerned about the curing process though, I've done it before but never with anything I really cared about. This plant is looking good, and I dont want to butcher it while curing...that would suck. But I'm not that far yet, I havent put the plant in flowering mode for obvious reasons but when I do do that about how long would be good. I keep seeing 4 weeks so I think that should be it. When I get to that stage I'll ake some more pix and se what people have to say. As is now I think I'm on my way to having some dank, regardless of what you think about my methods you can't argue tha the plant does not look healty. So until she tells me otherwise I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing, she's very honest and I do listen.

8. To be honest, I, like others in this thread, didn't expect to see a plant that looks as well off as yours does - based on the first post in this thread. That being said, your pics do look pretty good for a 2 week old plant. So.. two things -

I won't comment on the urine stuff, I don't know at all. But to be honest, the light cycle thing is pretty important. Do you have a window that gets sun all day? If so, I would consider leaving the plant indoors but with the sun and maybe a light or two... that way you dont even need to worry about the risk of moving it around.

Second, I believe I saw some leaves that had been munched on towards the bottom of your little lady? If so, watch out for pests - especially if you end up planting more seeds!

Keep up the good work!

9. Bat Guano/nutes > Urine IMHO

10. True, I'm somewhat astonished by how well my plant is doing. Especially considering my first attempt *shudders* Since I got so much flak about feeding my -plant urine I did even more research on it and found out some VERY interesting things. such as...

Urine is 95 percent water. The other five percent of our urine is made of dissolved and suspended solids, none of which are toxic. The two main components are simple salt and a compound called urea. In addition to salt and urea, other elements include hormones, proteins, antibodies and other beneficial agents.

"Urine is 95 percent water, with less than five percent urea, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, hormones, proteins, antibodies, and other beneficial pharmacological agents. Contrary to popular belief, urine is actually a by-product of blood filtration and not waste filtration. Medically, it is referred to as "plasma ultrafiltrate." It is a purified derivative of the blood itself, made by the kidneys whose principal function is regulation of all the elements and their concentrations in the blood. Nutrient-filled blood passes through the liver where toxins are removed to be excreted as solid waste. Eventually, this purified blood undergoes a more extensive filtering process in the kidneys, where excess components not usable at that time by the body are collected in the form of the sterile, watery solution that is urine."

If you don't believe it, wiki it. Blew my mind, seriously.

Yeah I can understand how light cycles are important but i don't have an area in my house that gets long periods of direct sunlight, so I keep my baby outside. When I do move it, normally around 6ish when the sun has started to set but is still giving off ambient light. I bring the plant inside through a lighted room, up lighted stairs, into my room and to its resting place. It's never not in light, it's just the intensity of the light it receives changes from outside to inside. If you really, really think that moving my plant is that detrimental then I'll consider just keeping it outside 24/7.

That leads me to a new problem, you are correct...some asshole bugs have decided to munch on my leaves. But this happens at night, I constantly check my plant during the daytime to make sure i have no unwanted pests. Although since I've sen some organic pesticide remedies i might try those.

I'll keep you guys posted as time goes by, hopefully my baby keeps going strong.

11. I know its your shit,
    But...

Your piss has nitrogen in concentrated amounts, not good for plants...

Yeah you can water down your piss as a poor mans fert but...

Why when you can go get some bat guana or seabird shit for 8 bucks that will get you MUCH better results

12. That's your opinion, and I'm not using it as "poor mans fert" I use piss because it's providing me with good results.

More importantly, you're saying its bad for me to use my piss but bat shit is ok. Right.

I've done plenty of research, the simple fact is... urine is a great for plants. Period.

13. ive heard too about bat shit being very good for plants from respectable weed growers

14. lol... you didnt upload those pics until after i posted this and signed off so don't try and act smart now. you didnt post any information except "i move it from inside to out on a 4 hour light cycle that isnt completely dark and i feed with piss". then you expect me or someone else to tell you "good job! its gonna be some chronic!"?

try adding some information like :
    where are you flowering? too late for a full out door and you need more light for indoor.

but you can use the examples in the many stickies about how to properly ask for help.

i'm using mexican bat guano for my veg and mother plants right now because i'm out of biovega. they don't grow as fast but it keeps em healthy. i add a few tablespoons once a month or so. whenever they look like they need it.

15. Piss does have a good amount of ammonia and nitrogen, so it will make decent fertilizer. It also has lots of salt, and acidity. Salt kills dude. and the acidity in your piss will wreak havoc with your pH. Do yourself a favor and buy some fertilizer......

16. Whoah there Mr. Biggums, I think you need to take a sip of some Red Balls and calm the fuck down. Now lets look back shall we.

Wait, am I supposed to be your stalker? How the hell am I supposed to know (or care) when you sign on or off? If you had waited before trying to be a smartass you would have seen the pix first.

I also did explain the light cycle I was using, it's not my fault you were too stupid or in a rush to talk some shit to see. I can't be mad at that, as I obviously like talking shit myself. Now this is what I said "Basically I stick her out in the sun all day and when the sun goes down I bring her inside and set her under some lights" In simpler terms I take the plant outside at 7 a.m. and brought her inside at 7 p.m. Sun rise and sun set. Then i later said "...since its under lights most of the time and only gets 4 hours or so of darkness", I say or so because it wasn't an exact time. In even simpler terms the plant was on a 20-4 cycle, probably not the best so I went 18-6. It's not my fault you were too stupid to realize this, most people that start out talking shit don't pay attention to whats being said anyway.

Eh I could care less if you agree with my method of feeding my plant piss, because I am now 100% happy with that decision after doing more research. Hell piss isn't even waste, its a byproduct of blood and also happens to be sterile. Go figure.

I'm well aware that it is too late in the season for a full outdoor plant, which is why I bring the plant indoors when the sun starts to set. I'm also aware that I would need more lights for a full indoor growing setup. I do not want that. I'm happy with the way it's going and peoples only real concern seems to be my moving the plant on a daily basis. But as I see it, if I move the plant from mild sunlight, through decent artificial light, to a good amount of artificial light then the plant should not receive much if any shock. I could see if I was caring the plant from pitch black to light but i transport the plant before it gets dark to avoid such problems.

And if you can feed your plants bat shit then you can feed your plants piss.

I posted this thread because I wanted people to READ AND THINK about what I wrote before posting random dumb ass comments. But reading comprehension is hard right.

17. Technically when guano is mined, it is taken from crap that is years and years old. It is mined from many inches, sometimes feet below the actual 'guano'. You are correct though...it is shit.

I am never one to say someone is fucked up if what they are doing works. I love ingenuity, especially from smokers.

If piss works for you, then piss all you want. I would not let friends know they are smoking your piss though after harvest. ;)

18. You have to look at it like this, people have been using urine on plants and crops for thousands of years. Sure 1st world countries don't do this since we have all these artificial chemicals and other shit but piss has been getting the job done since man started farming. Also piss isn't technically "waste" so if you can look at it from a different more scientific angle it ain't so bad.

that and I'm only using it while in the veg stage, once I decide to get her to flower i'll be replacing piss with molasses. So by the time the buds actually form the piss will be relatively gone. Plus my friends wont give a fuck as long as its some good smoke lol.

Didn't know that about the guano, like you said it's still shit tho...just old ass shit. So fundamentally speaking, if you can put shit on your plants then you can put piss on it. It's good to be open minded though, i might try some bat poop on my next project.

19. BAT poo is awesome for Veg. Very high N %. I just top my soil with it. About a tblsp per pot a few days out of the germ machine.

20. hmm doesn't sound too bad.

Heh understandable I suppose. People just have a weird issue with pee, don't get me wrong...it took me a while to wrap my head around the concept. But after understanding what pee actually is I no longer have a problem with it.

I think it's because when people think of pee they think about dirty ass gas station bathrooms that haven't been cleaned in years. Fresh piss is sterile, you could pee on a wound to clean it. Emphasis on fresh.