Homemade remedy for spider mites?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by folied, Aug 30, 2009.

1. I need a homemade remedy for spider mites. A few leaves on my plants have gotten spots of necrotic area on them.. and after close inspection of the stem of my plants I have a 2-3 small poppy seed like bugs that I have identified as spider mites (pretty sure)

What would be a homemade remedy to kill these bastards completely as my plants arre going to be put into flowering soon.. but I can't knowing that theres bugs lurking around. And I know it will be harder to get rid of them in the flowering stage.

I have no money for commercial killers, so I need something you can make out of house hold or cheap items.

I have been reading and people suggest so many different things. Some are saying Hot peppers mixed with water and dish soap.. others are saying garlic dish soap and water.. others rubbing alcohol in water... What should I use? Please help!!

2. garlic, sulfur pots, or over the counter food grade insecticide if you feel risky.

3. use a **small** amount of dish soap mixed into a spray bottle, spray the foliage daily until the pests are gone. seems to work for all the growers i know.

if you can afford 4-5$ go buy some organic dish soap (the kind you wash your hands with, liquid) then you won't have any worries.

good luck

4. sounds like we're in the same boat. i just sprayed them with rubbing alcohol in water and i plan on hitting them with tobacco in water tomorrow as i've read that nicotine will kill them very quickly.

honestly i am just going to spray them with everything i have 2-3 times a day until i see improvement, and if it doesn't work i think i am just going to try and find some floramite.

today is rubbing alcohol, tomorrow will be tobacco, the next day will be organic soap, then cinnamon oil and if all that fails, i'll go get some floramite.

if nothing works, i'm just going to find a way to sterilize cuttings and try to start over after sterilizing my grow room.

5. I use Floramite. It kills the mites and eggs within 3 days. This shit costs like 300 a quart but I found ounce bottles for like 20.00 on ebay. Shit I get 24 gals of spray from 1oz of floramite. Residual effect of 28 days. I havnt seen a mite since i used this stuff. Its like the ultimate lifesaver there is for mite infestation. Just type floramite in ebays search bar. The good thing is that this stuff is harmless. No where close to toxic as most. I been using it for a while now,but its good to mix it up a lil bit with a differant product cuz mites get immune after a while.Good luck with yer girls bro.

6. i used the wet minced garlic you get at the super market mixed with water in a spray bottle within 5 treatments they were gone