help this newbie grower!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 1 Eyed Toka Guy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. my first seedling sprouted today and the base of the leaves are brown (well, lil brown dots). do i need to water it more? more light? im not to sure what to do....

PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

thanks

rich

2. Did you fertilize? If you did flush it out all right now, cuz' it's too young yet. And it's not overwater I think. It's accually really weird that a sprout already has this.

3. i havent fertilized it at all. its in some pottin soil with the lil white balls. its growing quite well and has doubled in heighth since 2 days ago. the petals and curling under and the cotlydons (first 2 petals) have the brown specks on the under side of it.

id post a pic but my web camera is actin up.. theres a new sprout today and the first is getting very tall.

4. heres 1 0f 3

Attached Files:

5. 1 + 1 equals 2

Attached Files:

6. and 3. its more of the second plant. its growin a lot slower than the first. ive heard that there are some plants that grow fast and then die off real quick. is that true?

Attached Files:

7. that plant is streaching for light. what light is it under?

8. a desk lamp. it has a 60 watt bulb and is about 1 1/2 feet away.

Attached Files:

9. That desk lamp has a normal light bulb? if so then its an incandescent light bulb and wont work for growing!
    It will make your plant stretch and grow like crap!
    U gotta use either hps,flouro's or MH for growing,
    Pick up some Cfl's and use em to get ya going!
    Hope that helps!
    CWL

10. thanks man, i went and bought one today.