My Ww,Tw,Pj first indoor soil grow, many questions, please help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cali_Quick, Aug 20, 2009.

1. #1 Cali_Quick, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
    Disclaimer: Anything and Everything I say is a lie, I will not, and do not support or condone growing or the use of Marijuana. Any pictures already exist on the internet and all statements that I make are lies and are not to be taken seriously.

Well this is my first grow and I received three plants today that seem to be about three weeks old (about 6-7inches, but have suffered cuts for cloning I presume) and I have them in a closet under four CFL's with a box fan blowing towards them on the lowest setting.

Temp: 75-80 degrees
    Humidity: (unknown, but it is not high, It is in a mountain climate)

They are in Super Soil in a 3 gallon pot.

Here is my water/nutrient setup;

Distilled water + General Hydroponics Maxi-Grow (20-5-14 at 1 tsp per gallon) + Earth Juice "Hi-Brix" molasses

Foilair feeding - Age Old Kelp (.30-.25-.15 mixed into 1 gallon of pH balanced distilled water then put into a 360 degree sprayer) Refer to the question below as I have not started this nutrient regimen on the plant.

This will be a *fictitious* grow journal ;):smoke: Read further and please leave a reply letting me know that you visited my thread! many thanks.

Pictures are four posts down.

2. ur genna wanna get daylight cfls the one u have is for floering and u need about 100 watts per plant so like 4 or 5 cfls mabey more wen it gets bigger yes water wen soil dry i would just use regular water no nutes for folier feeding keep in veg as long as u like the longer the better alot of cfls will do fine i like lst havent done a sog flushing is watering alot 2 weeks before harvest best way to tell its working is by seeing runoff turn clear i have never wiped down leaves dnt see why if u spill on,leaves just make sure to give em some good old water and a pic would be great this is mine
    [​IMG]

3. #5 Cali_Quick, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    Thanks for the input and Info! :D

Your plant looks happy and very healthy! (I can't wait to see your harvest if you wouldn't mind sharing a pic of that =} )

The information was very helpful (especially the flushing) and was presented in a kind manner + Rep :wave:

I'm currently waiting for my next paycheck to get a camera. though I do have a webcam...

Below are my three plants Ww in the back, Purple jack on the left, and Train Wreck on the right
    [​IMG]

Below is the image on which is a leaf of the train wreck which I belive has a sign of nutrient burning on the tips of the leafs, can anyone ID what it is?

[​IMG]

4. most important thing for your first grow is to try to get basics nailed down... your grow won't be perfect. everyone does things their own way. find what works for you. this plant is a weed, and will grow in almost any conditions...

a lot of the mojo about are resources to perfect your grow, "creating optimal conditions", "maximizing yield"... etc.

for your first grow your best teacher will be your plants. no one can teach you what you will learn. every situation is different, every grow is different, and every grow will have different problems. after all the research i did, it mostly confused me. experience is the best teacher.

good luck, just started my first grow! 4 weeks old :hello:

5. Congratulations and thanks for the info, I uploaded some pics, one of the plants and one of the Tw which i am concerned might have nutrient burn.

Good luck on your grow as well, I am going to get a 600W HPS with a balast ASAP

6. Okay Another question: Will a 42 watt HE General Pourpose CFL putting out 2700 lumens cause my feminized clones to become Hermaphrodites:confused:?

I heard this from an asshole who I think does not want me to be sucessful with my grow, answers here would definitly be helpful. :p

7. most likely not, the thing that causes hurmies is stress or genetics never heard of a light causing this

8. Thanks man, that's what I thought, I think I found out why my Tw wasn't growing right, I checked one of the upper Fan leafs and it seemed to be showing signs of a Phosphorus deficiency, even though I fed it two days ago, so I fed it a moderate amount of GH Maxi-bloom as suggested on <http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688&page=1&pp=15>. I hope I don't cause nutrient burn by this, but I added about the same amount of distilled and balanced pH water to the plant ( about 2 cups feed and 2 cups water max, guesstimating cause I was pouring water by hand). :D

Well I shall find out if I corrected the problem within 48 hours I hope.
    so until next time :wave:

9. Hey the inside of my leafs are like neon yellow on new growth, is this normal:confused:? I can't find any info on it being a problem but I'm curious. :cool:

10. Correction: this was a sulfur deficiency with yellowing starting at the back of the leaf and progressing outwards. Correcting it in three days when I water again :hello::D

11. Update: After changing the lighting hours from 24/0 to 20/4 and flushing the soil completely, then adding a small amount of nutrients the plants seem very happy, although one of my cats likes to OM NOM the fucking fan leafs so I have to keep the room as closed as possible so the cat can't get it, but it allows air flow. So the neon yellow has dissipated from new growth and the plants seem to be happier, I'm hoping to get a 600W HPS light with the extra cash from my next paycheck so lighting will no longer be a question:hello:!

I've decided to keep them in veg for another two months so they are plenty fucking healthy, then take clones and make a hydroplonics setup, but by december I should be harvesting and by july 4th I should have some dank bud :smoke:

Agin this is all theoretical as this doesn't actually exist. :cool:

12. #14 Cali_Quick, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    Update: Tips for solving broken stems, if new growth continues (on an important branch such as the kola or fan leaf) on the broken stem and you wish to save that branch then here is my tip that works exceedingly well:

Take one straw (get varying widths for varying size of branches,) then cut off a section suitable to hold the broken steam and new growth upright and then cut one side of the straw open vertically (take your knife and insert it into the center of the straw and pull it all the way down) and now take this straw and open it up place it around the weak point on the branch and VIOLA it is now in perfect shape :hello::D

13. Update: the plants are bursting with growth I am so proud of my girls! I have also decided that I and going to flower then at the end of September so that I can have some very dank bud from Christmas/finals time to reward myself.

The white widow is what I will continue to grow If I decide to do so, the plant is very resistant to nut deficiencies or burns, as well as PH imbalance and she GROWS SO MUCH! she is getting huge and I may hve to flower her before my others. :D

untill next time happy growing and have a smooth tokin! :smoke:

14. Well the CFL's were not cutting it, so i moved them outside for some natural sunlight and silly me, I forgot to move them back in when i got back from a trip, so now they are flowering, and i will continue to flower them and maybe harvest them around december/january.

This was definitely a learning experience and I will be prepared for my next White Russian grow =p

15. What is the genetics for your purple jack. some purps crossed with jack herer? just curious:) good luck with the white russian!

16. cant wait to see pics :D

17. #19 Cali_Quick, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
    Yeah, guys this is an older thread and i cant change the title, but this is pretty much ym grow journal and im harvesting these girls in just 8 Days! I just need to find that damn SD card reader!

As for how they look:

Purple jack = dankest weed i have ever seen, looks alot like ICE strain pics when finished ( its a purple strain mixed with jack herer absolutely the best weed ive seen.)

Trainwreck = just powdered with trichomes and has the nice pine green look!

White widow = is just fucking crazy dank/ amazing really gorgeous white pistils are popping out everywhere and its all covered with trichomes!

I'm currently flushing them daily with water, then ont he last gallon of the flush im using Earth-Juice organic molasses:hello:

I have learned an incredible amount over this grow and I definitely have to say if your new to growing, just go with soil, but after your first grow, switch to hydroponics or areoplonics.:D

18. HARVEST!

White widow: 36grams Amazing smell/apperance crazy pistils all over, amazing flavor.

Trainwreck: 30 grams Amazing pine green, The smoke is so smooth you can take the deepest rip and not even feel the smoke.

Purple jack hare: still hanging =), but looks amazing! :hello:

This grow was an amazing learning experience and i have to say i definitely enjoyed it!:D

After using this medicine i have to say, the best is your own, well atleast in my case. :smoke:

Pictures will be uploaded asap.