can you veg with 2700k cfls?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenthumb951, Aug 13, 2009.

1. is it possible to veg with 2700k or soft white clfs? i have the daylight clfs but the soft white seem to burn cooler... i was just curious

2. There is no discernable difference in heat output between 6500k, and 2700k cfls in my experience. Use 6500k its recommended for a reason. Good luck.

3. You can veg with them but they will probably stretch more

4. i would suggest mixing them. 2:1 ratio.

during vegg have 2 6500k and 1 2700k

during flower have 2 2700k and 1 6500k

that way you still have the main spectrum the plant needs during that time of its life but you also are able to complete the lighting spectrum. feel free to check out the first link in my sig about the 3 stem growth and you can see how i have it set up like that.

right now im using 6 26w cfl bulbs and im in flowering so im using 4 2700k and 2 6500k bulbs. and my plant is loving it.

5. what about the things i hear about people veging and flowering under one light? i know putting the plant real to close to the light can burn the leaves, has anyone ever used this black material called weedBlock its for outdoors and you put it on the soil and let your plant grow thru it, its spose to "block" the weeds from comming up but it allows uv light to get thru.. i used it to cover my salsa garden and they still grew perfectly, the plants that wernt covered burned and the leaves curled from the sun.. so i was thinking it might be a good way to get the lights close to the plant without burning it so there will be minimal stretching

6. i dnt think that stuff will work on mj it is a weed

7. im not talking about putting it on the soil of the mj plant im talkin about spreading it across the top above the plants and a lil below the light it allows the uv light to get thru to the plant but keeps away the heat or something like that...idk it worked out door against the sun

8. i wouldnt recomend it, but the 6500k for veg deff if you do a couple grows you will see the differance a little leaf burn wont kill them either maybe slow them down for a day or two