Advanced Nutrients - How to - directly from AN

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by seeds4thebirds, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I contacted Advanced Nutrients to ask:
    Here is their reply:

The 100% Organic medium bloom feeding schedule is a good place to start.

Advanced Nutrients' Nutrient Calculator - Analyze Soil Chemistry and Plant Nutrient Levels for Your Hydroponic or Indoor Garden.

Add to the reservoir the products that you have that are listed above, if you are using products that are not listed above apply at the rate suggested on the bottle.

In soil adjust the final pH of the solution to 6.3.

The amounts suggested to use are the amounts to feed for the whole week, if you want to feed more than once per week, divide the amount for the whole week by the number of feedings that you want to give your plants, give the plant just plain pH adjusted water when not feeding nutrients. (Ideally the pots are dry every 2 - 3 days)

I am including a general guide to feeding below.

Feeding Guideline

Don't start feeding nutrients to rooting clones or seedlings such as the 2 part Sensi A & B (Grow) until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new/true leaves.

Until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new (clones)/true (seedlings) leaves feed them only water. You can foliar spray them with Jumpstart, use application rate suggested on the bottle or 1/4 strength B-52 (1 mL/liter) until then. You can also add 1/4 strength applications of Piranha, Tarantula and Voodoo Juice, to the water that you will use in the root zone.

Clones seedlings need high levels of moisture in the medium
    (80% -85% is good 100% is too much)

The also like a warmer environment in the root zone 70 F – 80 F.

Entering the Vegetative stage, Use the Rooted Clones / Seedlings schedule in the nutrient calculator for the first two weeks of feeding)

Week 1

At 3 or 4 sets of new leaves mix nutrient solution at 300 ppm

Week 2

Mix nutrient solution at 600 ppm

Switch to Vegetative Stage feeding schedule if you are going to vegetate the plants longer than two weeks, the calculator goes up to another 8 weeks (you don't need to veg the whole 8 weeks).

Week 3 is Week 1 on the vegetative chart

Mix nutrient solution at 600 - 900 ppm depending on size

Week 4

Mix nutrient solution at 900 -1200 ppm depending on size

Follow chart for additional weeks as required

When entering the Bloom Stage follow the medium feeding strength. (If growing indoors the bloom stage starts when the lights are switched to twelve hours of darkness and twelve hour of light).

Week 1- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1000 ppm

Week 2 - mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1200 ppm

Week 3- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1400 ppm

Week 4- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1600 ppm

Week 5- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1400 ppm

Week 6- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1200 ppm

Week 7- Flush

The nutrient calculator is set for a 7 week strain; it can be customized for plants that require more than 7 weeks to complete their flower stage. Just click add a week.

The amounts suggested in the nutrient calculator are the total nutrient to feed the plant for a whole week, not the amount to give them per feeding.

If you want to give your plants nutrient solution more than once per week, divide the amount (total ppm) for the week by the number of feedings that you want to give them to calculate the ppm per feeding. A light cycle of plain ph adjusted water prior to commencing a new week's feeding schedule will help prevent lock out conditions.

Plants may increase their over all size up to 2/3, during the bloom stage, for this reason the feeding schedules in the calculator increases the strength of the nutrient solution every week, reaching the highest concentration on the fourth week of bloom.

If plant needs longer than 6 weeks of feeding (7 week strain, the 7Th week is a flush week), repeat week 4 for each extra week.

Always reduce the amount that you feed your plants during the last two weeks of feeding.

Overfeeding

If the very tip of the leaves gets yellow it is an early sign of overfeeding. Reduce the solution strength slightly (100 – 150 ppm), if not increase slightly.

Deficiencies

If the margins or any other part of the leaves yellows off it is a possible sign of deficiencies. Check pH in medium and reservoir, if the pH is off from the ideal levels look out conditions may develop. At first symptom of a deficiency apply rule # 1 (When in doubt flush them out).
    If growing in a medium that takes some time to dry up, allow the medium to dry and feeding them plain pH adjusted water when they are ready. If growing in a re circulating system, find a way to give them only pH adjusted water for the length of a light cycle, a second reservoir just for water may be a simple solution, then it is just a matter of moving the pump over, maintain the regular water pump cycle during the flush.

pH conditions in medium

In Soil/Soiless (Soil or Soiless mixtures that may also contain peat moss but not Coco Coir) adjust the pH to 6.3

In Hydro (It includes products such as Rockwool, Hydroton Rock, and Lava Rock) adjust to 5.6

In Coco Coir adjust the ph to 5.8 – 6.0. You may want to supplement with SensiCal when growing in coco with a base nutrient that in not specific to growing in coco

Root damage

Another possibility is damage in the root zone, check for the possibility of root rot, or insect larvae as potential causes for root deterioration, brown, mushy, smelly roots are a good indicator of root damage. Hydrogen peroxide is an efficient way to destroy root rot causing bacteria.

Mixing instructions

If using the base nutrient stand alone, mix nutrients according to instructions on the bottle.

If also using supplements follow feeding schedule in the nutrient calculator.

Advanced Nutrients' Nutrient Calculator - Analyze Soil Chemistry and Plant Nutrient Levels for Your Hydroponic or Indoor Garden.

Measurements:

1 gallon = 4 liters (quarts)

1 tsp (teaspoon) = 5 mL
    1/2 tsp (teaspoon) = 2.5 mL
    1/4 tsp (teaspoon) = 1.25 mL

1 tbsp (tablespoon) = 3 tsp (teaspoon) = 15 mL

I hope that this is the answer that you are looking for. If you have further questions please contact us via e-mail or by calling our tech support toll free line at 1 800 640 9605.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

2. In my opinion this sticky material

3. One of the things I've hated about other nutrient companies I've dealt with in the past is how hands-off they are when it comes to helping out their customers. While they're more than happy to take money, they tend to back away whenever there's a problem or a concern.

Seeing that you got such a detailed response from Advanced Nutrients reminds me why I switched to them a few years ago. After struggling with other companies (and no, I'm not going to name names), I found the money-back guarantee and the resources Advanced Nutrients provides to be the perfect antidote to my pessimism about nutes companies.

The nutrients I use from Advanced Nutrients are great too, but sometimes it's the service that matters more. I like the feeling that if I have a problem, I can turn to them for help.

:hello:

4. Thanks!

I just finished my first run of AN bud formula above and the buds are great!

So, I am sure people are wondering how much do I mix for Soil?

I would mix up 1 gallon of the above formula and then once a day the plant gets 1 lilter per day.

Presently, I have 5 plants on different stages of bloom so I mix up 5 separate gallons.

Every easy if you make a spreadsheet.

Good luck to all!

5. Old post but I would love to find some other AN users out there to compare notes with. I am running in week 4 of veg from seed, DWC, 7 plants with 2 Raspberry Cough, 2 Swiss Cheese, and 3 Master Kush all from Nirvana. 2900 total LED watts. Insane growth for only being 4th week. I keep daily notes and am using the Grand Master line of additives for the first time. Dying to find someone one to compare thoughts with. any takers?