Transplanting outdoors to flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nexiusus, Jul 20, 2009.

1. i live in south florida and for the first time ever i decided i want to do an off season grow. i decided to veg indoors and then put them outdoors around late august early september to flower. is there anything wrong with this line of thinking? would it be better to harden them off before taking them outdoors all the way? should i put the veg's in 12/12 to sex first THEN take them outdoors to flower? just curious as i've always grown outdoors and really don't know much other than what i've read about indoor growing. but i figure i know enough to veg properly without any problems.

will this indoor veg to outdoor flower workout properly?

2. Make sure they are strong, real strong. Have couple of fans on med and high, a MH would be the best to help that. Spray them down with water daily if not more and rub your hands over them a lot. Indoor to outdoor the usual problem is them breaking.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

3. well they are going to be inside of a pool pump housing i have that keeps out critters, strong wind, can be covered in case of strong rain or storms, and can be covered at night while still allowing the plant to breath. i've grown plants in here in the past and even though the plants stay fairly weak stem wise because they dont catch all the wind, they never break. though i should take that into account

im more worried about will they start flowering when i move them outdoors, or whether i will have to start flowering them on 12/12 indoors for a few weeks THEN move them outdoors. any thoughts?

4. If you have the light schedule inside at24/0 they will flower immediately. This can be applied to early in the season as well. Get plants to flower when it long and good strong sun.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. luckily here in miami we get nothing but long good strong sun. so as long as i keep the grow cab on 24/0 when i take em outdoors they will say oh shit here comes winter and boom flower mania. this will definitely flower better than any setup i could hope to accomplish with CFLs or a 150 watt HPS i would think, am I correct in thinking this?

6. any body have experience with this? im just wondering if taking my indoor veg plants outdoor to flower will produce a higher yield than i would indoors on CFLs or a low wattage (150watt) hps?

7. Definitely.

8. im pretty confident they will start flowering right away when they get outdoors now but will the harvest be better than growing indoor? ive always grown outdoors since i was just a kid and im used to getting 4-7oz per plant generally. i know you get nothing near this indoors generally but i have never vegged indoors then moved them outdoors to flower. that's why im kinda unsure of what kind of yield i would get because i really haven't seen too many journals of people doing this. would the yield be just as sweet as if i had started it outdoors all the way? because indoor vegging is just so much damn faster than outdoor vegetative growth and they get so much bigger so much quicker so i'd assume that flowering them outdoors would give you just as good a yield as a straight outdoor grow.

has anyone done this?