difference between 5000k / 6500k ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mike9, May 23, 2009.

1. I have no experience with both but I'd advise getting 6500k. Although I'd think 5000k would work, if the wattage is more than the 6500k and it has more lumens? I don't know we'll wait and see on pro advice.

2. anyone else?

3. Ive heard anything below 5500k is useless for growing with, well until you get to the 3500k anyways.

4. 6500k is the spectrum that is closest to natural daylight, which makes it optimum for growth. The closer you can stay to 6500k, the better results you will have.

5. 6500k is the peak of the blue-end spectrum that MJ plants use. That 5000k light probably is throwing off too much in frequencies the plant can't use.

6. 6500K is great for vegging, it will give lots of tight nodes. 5000k is in the full spectrum range use this if you wish to stretch your plants a littls more. I like to add a few full spectrum during the final couple weeks of veg. During the seedling stage I would stay as close to 6500 as possible.

7. How well does 2700k work for flowering? Im just wondering cause I saw these 300w cfls, freaking huge, at HD and thought of getting a few for flowering.