small container vs. large container...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yankee, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Hello.. First of I wanna say i love the site, great place for info..
    My question is why can't we use smaller containers (32 oz cups) to flower sog? I know that perfect size is 3-5 gallon but what is the smallest you can use to flower in? If you were to use a 32 oz cup/pot you could fit four in the same place that 1 would fit normally. Would it produce more in four smaller containers, or that one large container? I am in the process of experimenting this, I just wanted to get some feedback from the pro's...

2. Smaller containers will not allow the root mass to grow to it's fullest potential. It will give you a small yield.

3. Yeah, what he said......gotta give the plants the opportunity to do their best, and they can't do it in small pots. A good rule of thumb is one gallon of container for each foot of plant height.

4. I knew that you would lose a little, but having 4 in the same place as one went, would you lose more quality and total amount growing with 4 small containers, than if you grew the one where 4 would fit before.. you see what i mean? I am just looking to maximize my little area.

5. you definitely want to alloy more grow medium for your little girls roots to expand, thus giving you a larger yeild and a healthier plant. if you are flowering sog under 12/12 you might consider something equivilant to a 2 liter jug which will not take up a whole lot more space than a 32oz cup and will give you much better results. make sure you fertilize well when using smaller containers since smaller containers flush quicker than larger containers. good luck.