skywalker fem'ed how doesb it look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dec0nFr0st, Mar 4, 2009.

1. these 2 girls were started from seeds on 5th Jan, started 12/12 on 13th Feb, show sex around 23rd to 25th Feb so I consider it been flowering 1 week.

how do they look?

they are lst using a screen, in 5gal bubble bucket, feed with hesi coco and molasses plus bud blood till sex shown.

Attached Files:

2. they look nice and healthy good job!!!

3. A very nice example dude

4. thanks guys, hope this turns out well, interesting to see what yeild it may turn out to be.

5. Shit looks healthy,Good Grow,Congrats!

6. Nicely done, those are beauties!!

7. only a few days passed since, the buds are noticably increased in size and quantity, is this fast or average growth?

thanks

Attached Files:

8. I picked up your thread from mine, and yours look fantastic. the ones i'm talking about still look fine so far up top, but if you're going to use molasses, keep a close eye on the insides of the bucket! There was foam galore and all sorts of sludge going down inside. I took a tip from other growers but experienced this problem first hand, just make sure you check it every day to ensure theres no browning of roots and that theres no sludge growth. good luck!

9. thanks for the tip, i check every day since they drink up farely fast, the roots look fine, just a bit red from the colour of the water, somehow the molasses made them redish but fade off after a day or 2. but no foam yet, the res seems clean enough, I changed it twice and was farely clean, I just top up now :)

10. Beautiful plants you got there, +rep! What kind of light and how much are they under?

11. #11 Dec0nFr0st, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    thanks, it was vegged ubder 1 x 200w 6400k cfls, had 2 of them but accidently dropped one and broke. flowering under 2 x 220w 2400k cfls.added a upper screen today and got all the tops lined up and level, trimmed off the little nugs and leaves below the screen. I think it was 35 or 37 tops, lost count again :)

12. Its a shame my own grow is ending soon, since seeing this grow I really want to try this strain. I think it looks a little like my Red dragons from Barney's which I have topped and LST'd!

Good luck dude + newbie rep, I know nothing about this strain but she looks lush.

13. thanks dude, its my first time with this strain as well, looks really nice, well I havent grown much :) second grow really and first time with a bubble bucket, i read a lot and researched a lot to come up with the setup :) this forum rocks :) learned 99% of what I know today from here. I think I try lowryder 2 in the bucket next time, but a long with 5 other strains in the same room, seperate bucket, wonder will i get away with 10 lowryder 2 in a 5gal bucket :) I was thinking, if they finish in 8 to 9 weeks, i mught get away with a 5gal bucket since they dont grow big :)

14. #14 s89520, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    I'm no expert, but I do know what a healthy plant looks like. :cool:

*thread tagged in the hope the OP continues to post progress*

15. are there differences, in light spectrum, in your CFL's? Im currently in the market for one myself and would be interested in your response.

16. the 6400k is the spectrum for vegging and the 2700k is the spectrum for flowering, I find the bigger wattage bulb works well, I had numbers of smaller bulbs for my last grow, and this grow seemed to have got better, but then again, we are suppose to get better everytime :)

p.s. I will post new progress when they are about ready to harvest :)

17. thanks for the reply. :hello: I look forward to seeing your progress.

18. a little update after trimming off the lower nugs and leaves below the screen, only leaving the tops and their fan leaves up above, level all the tops, they now very much the same height, half an inch different at the most, spread out flat all expose to direct light, 2 days gone by and they seems to be very happy :)

the tiny nugs dried out very quick, they wouldnt be poten but very nice taste :) sweet :)

a big bag of leaves and nugs to make hash with maybe :)

I know most will say its bad to trim and cut, but so far they seems to be happy with what I've done, let see how it turns out.

any input appreciated

Attached Files:

19. Looking real nice bro. My attempts at Skywalker failed, everytime they went hermie on me, I think it heat stress. Just a word of caution, many peeps on different forums told me it's kind of picky. But yours is looking real nice. Keep up the good work.

20. thanks Cali, I will keep an eye on them even more closely so, as long as there's no balls I have no worries :) lets hope they stay that way :)

what temp usually stress them to turn hermie though? my temps are 76f to 78f usually at the moment, sometimes it gets a little high like 82f but never get too high, it does that cos the weather just got warmer over the pass few days. temp at night is no lower than 60f.

thanks