Lowryder 2 seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TexarkanaTim, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Happy New Year to all!! As I have said in earlier posts, I have been growing some Lowryder 2 females to sacrifice to the seed gods. Having never grown for seed before, I didn't really know what to expect. I let them go a little longer than the 80 day cycle they run, just to make sure they were mature enough. I cut them four days ago, and let them dry in my box. I finally manicured today and seperated them to see how seed production went. I was absolutely amazed at the quantity of seed I got from the little buggers! The two I grew only got about 8" tall, but I pulled about 350+ seeds between the two! I dont have anything to compare seed production to, but I was stoked. When I look at the $50 pricetag for 10 seed from most seed banks, I figure I am damn near set forever for Lowryder 2. So for those out there who had questions about LR2 seed production, PM me and I'll help out any way I can. And thanks to all who answered my questions throughout the process. 2009 is off to a great start!!

2. Nice! Thanks for the info. I was thinking of doing this with the auto ak47 strain. I was looking at a spray that allows you to hermie the plants, thus giving you feminized seeds as well.

How is the bud that you harvested? Can you outline the process you used to fertilize the two ladies?

3. Well, the bud production wasn't much, maybe 2g off each. I used Schultz's liquid plant fertilizer during veg and once they started budding, used Superbloom. I added molasses every two weeks or so. Grew them under six 150watt CFLs, (43 actual watt).

4. That's awesome man. What was the technique you used to pollinate? Or did you only have 2 plants? What was the yield?

5. #5 TexarkanaTim, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
    Actually my pollination technique was a little on the okie side. When the male started putting off pollen, I picked up the pot, shook it over the females, and let the pollen settle on them. Its not as complex as using a small paintbrush, but it worked for my purposes. And as far as yield, the bud was so chocked full of seed it was VERY small.

6. Just two grams a plant? Whats another strain that fast to harvest like lowryder that puts out more bud?

7. It would have put more bud out if he was growing for bud. He was growing for seeds. I think 350 seeds from 2 plants was a good harvest.