MOLD ON PLANTS! help! ASAP! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by notRoger, Dec 28, 2008.

1. #1 notRoger, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    ok guys just ran into this problem today. slight mold problem on the plants.

plants started growing mid - july and are about 5 months old. transfered the plants to a new closet about a month ago with basically the same light setup. didnt change the feeding the process at all. its growing on a 12/12 schedule and is 2 months into the flowering stage right now.

any ideas on how to kill this mold without destroying the plants? i also need ideas on how to stop this from happening again. it would be such a waste to just let these plants die.

2. Maybe it's really humid in there and the plants aren't getting enough air circulation.

3. thats what im thinking too.
    im uploading pics as we speak.

im thinking maybe i should crack my door and a window to put in more circulation but i live in south dakota and it is really cold outside. i think the cool air might harm the plants?

maybe fans?

4. Get you a lil box fan, or table fan, or even an osciallting fan, just dont keep direct airflow on your flowering plants.

5. i might try that. but i also need a way to kill this mold without destroying the plants.

6. I heard peroxide works well to get rid of mold.

7. Ew! Very pretty plant though my friend! Yeah i'd definitely say more air movement, and clean fresh air please! co2 wouldnt hurt either.

8. so basically add a fan to the room?
    should i do the open door and a crack window when the lights on?

since its starting to get really cold i dont know if i should go this route but it makes the best sense to me since the windows of the house are usually closed.

9. #10 Let-it-grow, Dec 28, 2008
    well first you should obviously remove every bit of mold you see.COMPLETELY. then hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball to the affected areas wouldnt hurt. the mold starts inside and grows out so by the time you see it its too late for anything that has it on it. at the same time increase airflow drastically. prayyy to ganj gods and blow some sweet tokes on that sheit:smoke:. opening up and tying your canopy so air can move in between buds better could help too

10. so should i try to save those branches or cut the loss?

11. Exactly what I told you my friend :)

12. I wouldnt cut yet, unless your not worried about losing a few shoots.

13. oh ok guys! thanks for the help. im gonna research the best way to do these things you told me and get on it!

14. #15 Let-it-grow, Dec 28, 2008

if its so moldy that trying to pick out all the spots of mold seems inefficient and pointless cuz u cant get it all, remove the entire infected branch/region. but if its only a litttle bit here and there. i would try to just remove the bud/leaf/affected area completely and sanitize with hydrogen peroxide or with a lighter or something, open that shit up and pump mad airflow with like 5 computer fans around it. and some b12 supplement wouldnt hurt

15. i will totally try this guy.

16. I say plus rep for Let-It-Grow and I! :)

17. you know, in all the years i've been coming to this site i rarely give out any reps. if this works out for me you guys will deff be one of the few and proud.

but until then i really do appreciate all the help. i know i can always come to the city with any question and know ill get answered.

18. You can use/spray soapy water on your plant to get rid of mould, or use a sulphur burner. H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) is not worth a damn for getting rid of mould, yes, H2O2 will kill pathogens and algae.

19. #20 Let-it-grow, Dec 28, 2008

whatever you say buddy :p

Fight Mold With Hydrogen Peroxide

"There are many ways to fight mold but you have to make sure that the products you are using to kill these mold spores will not cause harm to your family, pets, and especially your children. Some of the mold products out on the market today use harsh chemicals that not only damage the surface your are applying it on, they also have harsh fumes that can cause upper respiratory problems if exposed too for a long periods of time. Yes they will actually kill the mold spores but you will also have a house that is full of harsh fumes which will also keep recirculating through the home if you are using the air conditioning. Some mold killers have chlorine as the main ingredient to kill the mold. For anyone that has been in a pool that has too much chlorine will understand how much this hurts the eyes. Also, people who own a pool and care the ones who clean it will also know that straight chlorine is very hard on the hands and the fumes are pretty much unavoidable. Heres a little hint. Kill mold with hydrogen Peroxide. Its safe, natural and works within 30 seconds. The hydrogen peroxide reacts to the mold by attacking the mold spores and also depriving it of all the essentials these mold spores need to reproduce. There are many other ways to kill mold spores with hydrogen peroxide. If you are interested we can show you how. All of the latest tips and secrets are available to you if you are willing to take it to the next step. Don’t let mold overrun you out of your home. And most of all make sure that you protect your family from these harmful mold spores before it’s too late."
    http://www.mold-removal.biz/mold-removal-1101.htm