Tap water and PH rebound

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Xigma, Nov 29, 2008.

1. well i have grown in coco/perlite in regular pots with lucas formula and tap water for years

i wanted a soiless medium that is easyer to work with and adjust PH so i am trying pure perlite hempy buckets

im useing lucas formula and same tap water as i did in coco

and it seems i have nute problems all the lower leaves are turning yellow then drying and dropping

i know its not realy a nutes issue i flushed with 4 gallons of nute salution to be shur.

i am adding a 1/4 tsp of GH PH down to each gallon of ferts and it gets it to 5.8

the only cause of this i can think of the water is high PH buffered from the tap, and since the coco was a buffer when i used it befor i had no problems, but now im in perlite wich has no buffer, so i think thats wy it is a PH rebound inside the hempy bucket after i water

is the only answer to buy a R/O filter?

i dont know what to do is there anything i can add to my ferts mix to buffer the PH were i set it, so it wont rise back up so fast and starve the plants

and maby i cant use pure perlite with tap water, maby i will have t oadd somthign as a buffer next time i grow,

what do you gusy think any ideas

2. give us the tds/ec and pH of your tap water if you can. Or check the web site of your municipal water supply. Strange you need to add pH down to new nutes..... what is your nute brand? GH as Lucas specifies? Nutes lower your pH.....

... tell us more ....

3. #3 Xigma, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    out of the tap water is 7.6 PH and 190 ppm

i realy am puzzled about this, like i said used same watre and nutes for my coco grows

and yes i am useing GH lucas formula after nutes i add 1/4 tsp of PH down and it gets it to 5.8

i know my nute solution is right on were it should be, but for sum reason the lower leaves are turning yellow and dieing

the only thing i can think of the the PH rebounds after i water,

for some reason when i used coco my PH was always droping to super acidic lvls, even i with this water. in coco my runoff would be 4.0 alot of times and i would have to flush

thats wy i went 100% perlite, the coco just always held to much PH and ppm i wanted something that can be flushed easlyly and corrected easy

but for some reason im loosing lower leaves at an alarming rate, PH rebound is my only guess,
    i know the nutes are there so it cant me lack of nutes, and the plants are eating of its lower leaves leads me to think its PH, but like i said the nutes go in at 5.8

is a R/O filter the only way to get rid of Carbonate hardness. can u use an active charcoal filter??

i read that
    Carbonate hardness (KH) is what makes tap water rebound

i just dont understand wy the water would work fine for plants in pots with coco but not in buckets with perlite