want seeds for inoor quality herb. Opinions if you've got em'.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wenahaone, Nov 22, 2008.

1. #1 wenahaone, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
    So my buddy is coming back to OR and will be able to have 6 adult plants at a time, and he'll sell to me! YAY! I was gonna pick out some strains for him. mostly concerned with the effect, taste, and smell. Commercial potential not big issue. Not saying why...just because...but, large plants that produce quite a bit are better for our situation than small plants that produce alot for their size)

I must say that I'm quite overwhelmed with what's out there. I'd like to hear what you think about what I'm thinking about, or mention a good strain not mentioned below.

It's a large list of what strains I'm interested in, but here it goes...

(strains that I'm most MOST interested in are in all caps)

from DJ short:
    f-13
    VANILLUNA
    cocoa kush
    GRAPE KRUSH(excellent high and taste, but I've heard on grow reports that some of the plants are a bit wimpy)

from greenhouse seeds(big list) None are in caps. but pretty sure all get at least one strain from them...
    alaskan ice
    arjans 2 and 3
    big bang
    strawberry cough
    nevilles haze(flowering time is a BIG OUCH!, though)
    hawaiian snow
    ultra haze 1 and 2
    white widow ...ya, pretty common. not so sure about this one.(or possibly a different white strain from a different company)
    super silver haze(mainly because I know someone with multiple schlerosis, and wanna help them out)
    indica mix (contains great white shark, lemon skunk, white rhino, trainwreck, cheese(might try some of these outdoor on my own) I'm poor :D)

paradise seeds:
    OPIUM (really trippy sativa high, bomb taste, fairly low flowering time. High times thinks highly of it)

mandala seeds:
    SATORI(a good sativa that's inexpensive. high times also like this strain.)

JILLYBEAN (tasty and euphoric(fairly new breeder. can't remember who))

serious seeds:
    KALI MIST
    white russian

spice of life seeds:
    BLUE SATELITE(i've been told by someone who knows their shit that smoking this strain everyday wouldn't slow down my workout routine when I start puffing again)
    blubonic

chimera seeds:
    c-plus
    calihzar
    fighting buddha

delta 9 seed company looked kind of interesting too

th seeds:
    burmese kush(high times speaks highly of this stain)

reeferman seeds:
    WILIIE NELSON

thinking of buying something jack herrerish, blueberryish, purple(grape ape(clone only I hear:() purple urkle? the purps, GDP?), or a good cheese strain....

so anyone wanna help narrow this list down?

2. IMHO, never use white widow or anything from it! i hate that shit:mad::)

3. Thx for poppin in on my strain search thread. I looked at the calihzar, fighting buddha, Mountain Jam from Chimera....looks like an interesting bunch there. One thing I can't seem to find is a smoke report for Mountain Jam.

Das.

4. jack herrerish???? prob cindy-99

dr lowtie, im curious as to why you hate white widow?

5. I think he's joking.

coulda been given a cindy nug by some kid who had three kinds just drying up(doesn't really smoke much at all) I chose sour diesel....thinking back it was a bad choice.

jack herrer is just kind of an old strain. I just figured thered be something with the same smoke that would be higher yeilding and shorter flowering and such.

6. ve been seeing a lot of posts from people asking for the "Cinderella Story", so here it is: In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess". Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant. I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process. The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess. The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning. It's also VERY similar to the story of the "Morgan Horse"...go Figure

I ALWAYS see preflowers between the age of 4 and 6 weeks. Node 6 is commonly where they start, so I'd say you're probably seeing them. The plants that show first are usually males. Look over each plant carefully, using a loupe. If you see a preflower at such an early age, it'll most likely be male, but be SURE before culling it. If you can't find a preflower on a plant, while most of the others HAVE shown... it's most likely a female. Isn't that uniformity NICE? Cinderella 99 is a STABLE strain. Cinderella 88 was close, but this generation is there.

(Cinderella needs odor control?) I don't know if it helps you, but the scent is very sweet and fruity. It won't "fool" anyone who's familiar with MJ, but the average person might not recognize the scent as pot. They start to smell after 3 weeks of 12/12 and they're harvested 4 weeks later, so the SHORT flowering cycle helps a bit by lessening the amount of time your garden "stinks".

Yields are highly Dependant on the methods used. Pruning style and number of plants/area make a BIG difference. I get about 2 lbs every 50 days under 2kW. I grow a combination of bushes and single-cola clones (about 12-20 of 'em) in 2 gallon pots of organic soil, feeding them "teas" of dissolved worm castings, PSG, high phosphorus bat guano and kelp meal. My yields are average at best. Professional growers write me saying they get 2lbs/kW, which I'm sure is true.

The scent given off by Cinderella is NOT the typical "pot stench"...not at all skunky -she's sweet and fruity. Someone passing by the flowering room MIGHT not recognize the scent as pot and mistake it for tropical flowers. When you rub the resin you can definitely smell it. C-99 is more "psychedelic"... I think that's what you're looking for eh? Just be sure to smoke a LITTLE, wait 10 minutes, then think about whether or not you need any more...it's easy to over-indulge and become paranoid.

Haze is my favourite high. Very "trippy" C-99 is has more of the Haze type of high because the mother (Princess), has that kind of high and each time I back-cross to her the next generation gets a bit more of it. Smoking PURE Princess buds is a bit scary... it's too "speedy" and paranoia-inducing for most people. But she's so RESINOUS (see photo) and her flavour is just so delicious and fruity that I knew back-crossing her to her offspring over several generations would create a strain which is actually BETTER than the original mother in terms of a more PLEASING high. It was successful beyond my expectations.

7. ya, that's exactly the type of pot i'd wanna grow indoors. one that smelled, but not the typical "skunky" smell.

hazes are "trippy" sativas? I remember them being refered to as more "functional" and african sativas were more "trippy." well, that's what this guy told me. He seems to know what he's talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cannababble/

what I do know for sure is that the columbian stuff I bought in Hilo was really nice. It made me happy and didn't slow me down.