trimming, how long before harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lowryderrocks, Nov 4, 2008.

1. just wondering, I saw some post around that they have no big fan leafs on them, so I assume they have been trimmed off, I also read that trimming is not a good idea during flowering, so do you trim near the end or just a couple days before harvest?

thanks

2. If you do want to trim your plants, give them some time to regrow some fan leaves before you switch to the flowering light cycle. I personally trim a ton during veg. It is just the style that works best for me. But, I always give them a week or two of vegitation after my last trimming.

Most people will tell you not to trim during flowering. This is pretty solid advice in my opinion. If you need to get big fan leaves out of the way, then tuck or fold them. But I recommend that you leave them on during flowering.

You really have to decide why you are trimming in the first place. Then, trim accordingly.

Good luck.

3. I move them everyday to get lights through, there's tons of little branches at the lower part of the plant, lots of new tips comes out from side branches, the girls are LST so it branches out very well, but the tops and top few nodes are getting big, they also started to frost up, trichs are getting cloudy, I think I just leave them and harvest the top part that are ready and continue the rest, they should get all the lights they need then :)

thanks

4. Yeah I would let them alone.

Vegative and Blooming cycles are very different. As stated during veg, trimming is no big deal, actually its usually encouraged, taking clones, topping, etc. As stated its best that you give it time to recover and then flower. But your doing all that trimming to get More Flowers...

So once you start flowering, its all about that.

Trimming now will take away energy andnutrients that are building your buds.

Leave it alone

Good Luck.