Wots your best clonning method

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CaliGurl, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Have a fast clonning method with good survival rate post it here! Ive clones in seaweed extra, Ive used root gel hell Ive cloned rite into just plain ol' water only took 3 weeks to root :D.. so I wanna know wots ur best clonning method. Be sure to include strains u grow and use this method with :p

2. The strain I cloned is Black Pearl from highgrade-seeds.com. I took my method from a HIGHTIMES MAG. I bought a clear container from wal mart, placed the container upsidedown to make a dome thingy. After 4-5 days I open one side of the container for some air and I switch sides every day for about 4 days. Then I open both sides for complete air flow but still try to mantain some humidity in there ( the sides are lifted about 1-2 inches ). At bout 18 days into the cloning period I remove the top completly and monitor them for about 12 hours. I use Clonex rooting gel before I place them into my VICS SUPER SOIL. Once I cut my clones from my plant I place them directly in RO water until ready to dip in clonex rooting gel. From the water I cut my clone down to size useing the slanted angle for better root development, after I make the angled slice I then shave off the outside of the stem very gently about 1 inch up the stem and then I cut the stem in half longways from were I shaved the outside layer off about 1 inch up. I actually learned this from this forum, I think its in advanced techniques it shows pics and everything. I then place the cutting into the gel and then into my soil, place it under the container and then place the CFL lights over them. I also cut the leaves in half to make the plant focus more on the root development. Also to rejuice my plants I water them with a rooting compound that I got from a nursery in town, this is not the same thing as the gel. I tried to load pics but it wont let me because they were already loaded on my journal so you"ll have to go there. Sorry :wave:

3. Thanks NY for the post! sounds like a nifty lil way to clone.. so on average how long do yours take to root? also dont forget to include your GJ link in ur sig ;-)

4. I make sure my moms have been flushed for two watering's with pure PHed R/O and take 3" clones with at least 3-4 nodes,clipping lower leaves completely and uppers by 2/3rds.

I cut way long and clip away then make the 45' cut @~3" just below a node(more hormone activity) under PHed R/O,then a lil scrape of the surface and a dip into rootech gel.

Now i also pre soak 1" RW for 24HRS in 5.0-5.5PH R/O with 4 drops per qt. of Super Thrive.

I make a new hole in the side of the RW instead of the big one,insert into the block.

Making sure not to allow an air embolism into the cut is important(another reason i cut long at first)also using a sterile blade for all cuts.

I use two clear plastic 14x14x6" flanged type containers(flanges together)with two lil self tapping screws at diagonal corners on the top one and two corresponding holes in the bottom one to keep them mated well with ~2" hole in the top corner for a lil air and a place to mist them 2-5 times a day.

This container has 1/2" of perlite in the bottom for moisture to new roots and for a higher RH in the dome at all times as 80-90%RH is best,this sits on a heat mat 24/7 as are two 26w. CFLs 4-7" from the top.

~every 2 days the RW gets light and will need to be dunked with PHed R/O,ST and 200PPM nutes.

7-12 days will show roots enough to be supported in soil or hydro,btw i even pulled off all the RW cube and planted in soil with great success.

Hope i didn't miss anything and will post pix if i can find some.;)

Found just this one for now,sorry.:eek:

Attached Files: