Vegging for two months indoors, Then bringing out... How bad is the shock?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ownage al, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hey, I currently have a little indoor CFL grow, with about 4 plants at the moment, I will keep vegging them until I decide where they will be flowering (most likely at another spot) but also i plan to either take one or two, and put them outside.

How bad does it shock the plants, granted the sunlight will be just an april-may sunlight.

Also, Would i be able to take cuttings from this vegging plant, and bring them outdoors (after getting a proper root system indoors under a couple cfl's)

Thanks for looking.

2. It will shock them a lot.. The sun does not have anywhere near equal lumens to some cfls, so your plants will be confused.

3. i use to put my plants outside to get good ol sun light, & had no probs. the older & healther the plant the better. so yes & yes u can. in fact i had 4 master kush plants (3wks old) inside that where dieing (75+% dead) for unknow reasons, So i put them outside & 3 of the 4 are thriving & 1 is still iffy.

4. I regularly put my plants, which have been vegged for 4 to 6 weeks, out in early June. I try to pick a time when it will be cloudy or showery weather for a day or two. In this way the roots have a chance to get established before a hot sunny day comes along. Always worked for me.

5. move them outside for 2 hours a day, then 4, then 8, then then 12. Your plants will now be acclimated to the outsideworld.

6. keep the light a little higher and make sure the light schedule will be the same as it will be when you put them outdoor. I'd also recomend putting them in very big pots to get those roots going. Could be 15 footers for sure.