Low humidity problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by se7enUP, Jul 15, 2007.

1. In my small 2-4 plant closet growing area I always seem to have a problem with low humidity. The levels always being 35%-40%.

I find that once my plants have their first six leaves atleast and are around 4 inches above the soil they are strong enough to cope with the low humidity levels. But I'm having a hard time getting my sprouts to mature to that level. They always seem to dry out,

I Have one 13 day old plant and one 7 day old plant, both of which I think are pretty safe, but I'll probably have to water them everyday due the dry atmosphere.

I've grown succesfully with this setup before. But if I could just bring the humidity up to around 50-60% then I think growth rate would improve.

I don't have a separate area with lights for the imature seedlings. I'm trying again by putting 3 seeds each in it's own peat pots with a nice mixture of soil, same as I always use, Then I'll put the pots in a tupperware and put the tupperware minus the lid in a plastic bag without sealing it. I'll put this in the grow space under the lights. I have 12,000 lumens from CFLs in a 3x3 foot area. I've also never tried this method with the plastic bag..

If anyone has any ideas on how to increase humiidty. I already have, cups with soking perlite, placed infront of a fan. A humididyer would be tough as there's no room in there for one.

also if anyone knows how to increase sproutiling survival rate in low humidity conditions let me know.

2. try boiling water, and putting the pot of water on a terivet(SP) and let the vapors intensify humidity. believe it or not i got this idea thinking of a shower.

3. Put a little Tupperware dish of water in front of the fan and stand a sponge or two up on end so there 1/2 in and 1/2 out ofthe water with the fan is blowing on them. This causes the top of the sponge to dry out which then suck up more water and so on and so on. Its the same premise of any humidifier that doesn't have a pump in it. I do this in a computer case and raise the humidity 30%.

4. Thanks. I already have containers with soaked perlite and water in front of the fan but I'll have to try the sponge thing.