First Grow Cabinet Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BKKG, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums here for a little while, and thought that it would be a perfect place to ask about the cabinet I'm going to build.

I want to be able to grow enough for myself and a couple of friends, I was thinking 1-2 plants at a time, plus a mother and clones for steady harvests.

The cabinet I want to buy is this one: W36 Stackable 2 Door Storage Organizer White

My plan is this: I'm going to cut a hole for exhaust (to which I'll have a carbon filter attached, as well as a fan) in the top right corner of the back panel (which will face a wall, for stealth). The bottom left of that same back panel will have my air intakes. I'll have the plants sitting in their pots on the bottom of the cabinet, in soil to start with at least. I'd like to use a flouro light for heat concerns, although I'm not sure about the wattage I should use for this setup. Maybe 150w-250w? And if I could use a different light for better/more frequent yields without having to worry about heat, please tell me. I'd be grateful for advice on this. Also, if anyone has any ideas/links for a way I could change the height of the light easily, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

That's what I've got so far, unless I'm missing anything important. Also, I'm going to set up a second cabinet for mothers and clones later on leaving this cabinet just for vegging, but until my plants reach a certain stage that won't matter.

How is my plan, should I get started buying materials and setting up my cabinet?

2. I just started my first grow here:hello:. I am using flouro's too, but they do produce a bunch of heat when you cram them into a tight space. I have 250w of cfl in my flower room, and it is a struggle to keep the temps down. The veg room has 126w, and that is manageable enough. If you stack the rooms, put the veg box BELOW the flowerbox. This will make the heat/light leakage between boxes more manageable. Happy growing, and post some pics when you get going