lower leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by charlie067, Mar 16, 2003.

1. k u know the lower leaves just abouve the single leaves at bottom well the leaf is one of the third leaves to come in so u know what i mean its the one with 3 petals anyway its getting realy droopy and hurting right hurting only on one plant tho its not turning yellow but its like rotting sort of its only that one fan leaf what should i do i think it might be ph is that posable?i still dont have a ph tester yet i had it tested once and it was 6.0 i think i need 6.8 in soil am i right anyway if someone can tell me how to save my plant befor this shit keeps moveing up it thx

2. im almost positive all 4 of my plants r female i have a microscope to check them with and last time i checked i seen little pod like things with tiny tiny white hairs comeing out man i cant wait i hope the injured one will live tho

3. The low down fan type leaves nearly always go brown and shrivel up indoors because they dont get enough light.As long as the rest of the plant looks healthy you have no problem, the ph should be close enough.
    Hope you are right and they are all female!!

4. I'd just like to 2nd what jimbo said, I often lose the bottom few leaves on plants over a foot or 2 tall and never worry about it, once they start to go tho i just pinch them off, they aint doing the plant any good so i dont c y the plant shud use nrg tryin to grow them anymore.

if it does start to move up the plant tho i'd start to worry.

5. Ditto....same here, just keep an eye out that it isn't spreading, and during the flowering stage the lower leaves will turn yellow, due to the plant using all the nitrogen it can get....at this point i wait till the plant is finished with the leaves, once it is, it will discard it......bud during normal growth, you lose some lower leaves......Peace out....Sid

6. HIGH All, nothing to add here...but...I was wondering what you All did with your discarded leaves...I hope your saving them for future Bubble Hash. All the leaves that come O.F.F.F. my plants go into a bag till it fills then into the frezzer when dry.

7. plants need to shit and pee and solar panels get used up and broken. so...

the lower fan leaves are old solar panels that dont really work anymore and then plant is cannabloizing the good stuff and sending in 'crap' into the leaf.

with that said.,,the next question becomes what to do with it?

u can leave it on if its not causing trouble and just look ugly yellow

if they are starting to carry disease...like mold or something (turning black or worse colors) or are shading something else. dump em far from ur grow area.

as to smoking fan leaves? well lots of tar and bad stuff per THC. just grow alot of bud and u wont have to worry about smoking leaf or stem.
    what would u rather smoke...bud of skunk #1 or some jizzem from ur old poop leaves? lol

8. On all my plants most of the lower leaves fell off. I thought it may have been a problem but my plants are fine. I wouldn't worry about it.