how do they make feminized seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aaronbites, Feb 13, 2007.

1. i was curious on how they make feminized seeds r do they know how to pick out the female seeds :confused:

2. awesome fatbob. thx

3. interesting article mate

4. feminized seeds come from a hermyed plant. i had 2 of my ice plants hermy i ended up wiff tones off seeds and i have used about 20 of them in the past and evry 1 of them have bin female not 1 male.

and seeds from polinated females u can never tell till u have grown the seed for about 6 weeks and u see there is a tiny little ball apears wiff 2 white hairs at the nodes but males u could grow 4 eva and it never show a sign of being a female some people just dont like to chop it cos they are determint its gonna be a female i can tell within 2 weeks or so

i very rarly use seeds just take cuttings from my mothers unles i want another strain

this is no bull shit i also herd it a few years back

5. There continues to be misconceptions about hermies and feminized pollen. To quote the article FatBob referenced:
    "A lot of people think we have created hermaphrodites, but we take 100% female clones, and apply a safe chemical so the clones produce abundant male flowers. Then we take that pollen and fertilize other females with it. Seeds from this method will usually grow out female.
    Hermie plants do not produce feminized pollen. Stressing individual bud sites on a pure female plant can induce those budsites to grow physically male buds, which in a sense makes it a hermaphrodite but not really. These female buds that are forced to grow outwardly as male are the ones that produce feminized pollen. It is very tricky to do on purpose, the stressing involves either light exposure during the dark cycle and/or application of a special hormone. TopPot, I would guess that either you didn't have a true hermie but had accidentally stressed your girl into this condition from a light leak or else you got VERY lucky.

Feminized seeds come from pollinating females with feminized pollen, which produces seeds that are only genetically female. You cannot identify females from males among regular seeds, at least not without a genetics lab and probably destroying the seed in the process.

6. wow grass city just keeps amazin me with its knowledge

thanks thats a very interesting article

7. i was asking myself this same question today....that's an interesting article. good one fatbob :hello:

stay blazed:smoking:

8. Firehose, +rep to you. Not for making a great comment but for actually using the search button! Much better that you had a question, searched, and found the answer then asking a question that's been answered before. This Q has been answered many more times since 2007 BTW...

9. They use gibberellic acid that is placed on the femail site and it produces flowers, and that pollen is used!!!! If i remember correctly.

10. I buy a pack of regular seeds from any number of seed banks. Then I place each package propped up in front of the television and force them to watch The Lifetime Channel and Oxygen channel. They come out 100% female. For males, I put them in front of spike when they do the UFC marathons. Completely fool proof method. There is science that can explain what is happening on a molecular/ genetic level, but I'm not telling. Top secret shit here.

There are a number of other methods that are a little more well established and proven. I'm sticking with my method because it is 100% chemical free.

11. #13 maulcoy, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    Colloidal silver is the cheapest and most effective way to produce feminized seeds.A generator to produce the stuff can be built from items at home.Items needed to build the generator are, two silver quarters or half dollars pre 1964, an ac to dc power pack of 12volts-24volts(like the ones for a cordless phone or similar home appliance a computer power cable is perfect but price is prohibitive) 2 alligator clips a few pop-sickle sticks a soldering iron some crazy glue and a gallon of distilled water.

Cut the end off of the power pack that goes into the device (not the wall plug end).Bare a half an inch of the 2 wires insert each end into an alligator clip and tighten the screw of the clip on the wire end.Now solder each to assure the best connection.It will work without the solder but a much better product is produced with the better connection.

Now to give you more room to work over the top with out the quarters touching cut off the top of the plastic gallon of distilled water.Take it down to with in 1/4' of the water level.Break a pop-sickle stick in half or cut with a knife down the center of the length.Now glue a quarter towards each end of a stick leaving a coins distance between the 2 coins and enough stick on each side to allow it to rest on the rim of the jug.Glue the other stick on the opposite side.Allow the coins to stick further out of the sandwich towards the side that will be down towards the water.Allow just enough to stick out the top for the clips to be attached.

Attach a clip to the top of each coin, place the sticks and coins across the top of the jug.You may need to cut a notch on each side of the jug to place the sticks across to keep them from flipping on their side.The bottom of the coins need to be submerged in the water,the stick must not touch the water,a plastic stick is much better than wood.DO NOT allow the coins or clips to get wet above the sticks!!!!Plug it in and presto!!!After about 10 to 15 mins you should see a fog between the two coins , this is microscopic particles of silver being suspended in the water.If you dont see this fog after 30 mins something is not right.Allow it to run for 12hrs and its done.No chemicals just good healthy colloidal silver.This stuff can be ingested for a natural antibiotic and for other health reasons so it is not only safe but beneficial to the smoker.

Spray a female several times a day with this for the entire flower cycle until you see several male flowers.Use light stress to stress the plant also.leave it off for over 24hrs a few times during the cycle.shorten the days to 8hrs etc.If you use a good indica female you will have a 75 % success rate.Allow the plant to self pollinate or to pollinate another female and you got female seeds.
    I know this sounds like alot but it only takes an hour or two to build if you got everything ready.For any questions or if you need a diagram just ask and I will try to post one.

12. my fuckin brain hurts

13. maulcoy..
    id love to to see a diagram of this method, please get into photoshop!!!! can u use anything that is silver instead of coins, i mean you can buy silver jewellery very cheap. would that work instead of coins ?
    what about the gibberellic acid method i spoke about? have you heard about that ?

14. Im going with this method..haha

15. #17 maulcoy, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Yes but never tried it.From what I read it works also.The ol birth control pill in water, aspirin and many other crap like that is old wives tales.

Yes you can use jewelry, but no lower than .925 sterling silver.Plus it will be an inferior solution as opposed to the ones made with .999 silver coins or bars since it will also disperse copper molecules but plants use copper so I'm on the fence as to how well it works.If you got the sterling silver already then use it even if it's .925 and save some $$$.

I also advise using the 50 cent pieces over the quarters and one ounce bars or coins over 50 cent pieces simply because you will have more silver submerged without shorting out the top of the coin where the clips are.The more surface submerged the quicker the process.Also allowing it to stay on too long will make the silver build up and no longer be suspended in the solution, therefore useless.
    An electrical current will be passed between the two coins surfaces that are in the water This disperses microscopic molecules of the silver into the water where it remains suspended.these molecules will have a positive charge and cause micro electricity to be produced when sprayed through the air onto your plants where it causes the reaction we want, male flowers on female plants.

I'll break out a ruler and pencil and see if I got any high school mechanical drawing left in me if you really want my setup.I prefer pics or diagrams on stuff like this too.Here is the simplest silver generator how to video on youtube.If you look around on there you will see one using the ac/dc power adapter like I use.This one is super cheep to make and will get you started it will do the job but you may not get as strong a solution as with my set up. this is the link.Remember this guy is making his to drink or use as medicine so he's shooting for a much lower ppm of silver suspended in the water.That's why his is done quickly.With his setup Id say let it run 10 hrs then see if the silver in the water is now slimy black, if it is you got it.

I dont know for sure cause I never tried it but a ppm meter may work to measure the strength.PS. USE ONLY DISTILLED WATER.The real key is no matter how you suspend the silver above the water level, shoot for the coin to be half submerged the other half out of the water connected to the clips is just the power source the magic happens between the two coind under water where a current flows between them.If the water touches the alligator clips it shorts out and no colloidal silver is produced.This is really the only way to mess up other than leaving it on too long.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF6zpBUp1as"]YouTube - Make your own Colloidal Silver 1-2[/ame]

and part 2 in case you cant find it from part 1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCpm88hP3M"]YouTube - Make Your Own Colloidal Silver 2-2[/ame]

16. #18 maulcoy, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
    This is pretty much the setup I use except mine is 12 volts.I added the popsicle sticks as a way to assure the two coins cant touch.By mounting them they stay a uniform distance apart. I like the wires around the ink pen way as in the 1st video as well but it still dangles and can short out if the two coins touch while it's plugged in.I'm glad I looked these up because I forgot more than I remembered!!!!So no no to the .925 silver it needs to be .999 and use a glass jar to hold it in, keep it stored in the dark in an amber colored bottle if you got one.Scuffing the coins with sandpaper other abrasive will help the process.Clean the coins when done to remove the black film that builds up on them.The black film on the coins below water level is a sure sign you produced colloidal silver.

colloidal silver generator for making feminised seeds ?The Overgrow Marijuana Cannabis Strains Guide & Reviews A To Z Hydroponics Strain Guide

17. Nice one fella, id just like to say i think that guy has drank to much silver lol, wtf is he going on about con/chem trails sounds like he is a little crazy, I thought he was not right in the head the way he was talking all the way through but yea, i get the process now :)
    nice one....thanks for sharing..;)
    peace out..
    Jadedsoul..

18. #20 maulcoy, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    [quote name='jadedsoul']Nice one fella, id just like to say i think that guy has drank to much silver lol, wtf is he going on about con/chem trails sounds like he is a little crazy, I thought he was not right in the head the way he was talking all the way through but yea, i get the process now :)
    nice one....thanks for sharing..;)
    peace out..
    Jadedsoul..[/QUOTE
    Here is an exact diagram of my setup as well as how to use the stuff in a grow room setting.

colloidal silver generator for making feminised seeds ?The Overgrow Marijuana Cannabis Strains Guide & Reviews A To Z Hydroponics Strain Guide