If the chances are higher that youll get a male from bagseed then ans my question!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by paintballa0407, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Breeding a hermie with another female plant should produce almost 100% female seeds. Bagseed produces males and females because, most bagseed you get is from commercial grade or midgrade shit growin in fields and no one walks through them ripping up male plants they just let it grow and natural male/female breeding occurs and not hermie/female breeding. Hermie polinating it's self or another hermie mostly will produce about 50/50 hermie/female. As with any breeding process there is no exact science, shit can and will happen. Hope this answers all your questions, peace.

2. There is a lot of misinformation and confusion about hermies. There are two types, and important differences between the two.

The first type is the more common one. This is a deformed and most likely genetically screwed-up plant -- it will have both male and female flowers pretty much all over the place. These plants aren't good for much -- they won't grow well, the female bud probably won't be very potent, and the pollen from these is not necessarily feminized. It's a freak and can pass this screwed-up trait to any offspring.

The other type is much rarer. This is a female plant through and through where individual bud sites have been stressed or coaxed with special hormones to produce physically male flowers. These are very rare and difficult to produce purposely. Since these plants are 100% genetically female the pollen from these male flowers is feminized. These are the ones that breeders of femmed seeds create and use.

Hope this helps.

3. i dunno, all of what i'm growing (8 plants total) are from bagseed. i think that if the seeds are not anything special, just weed seeds, you have a 50/50 ghance of getting males vs females. sometimes, you will get a bag of dank weed with just a few seeds. i got a 20 bag of real blueberry weed, indoor grown and everything with about 5 seeds in it. These are majority of my plants and the others are from various mids, beasters, and one really good, old school bag of some dark, gray-green shit i got from an old hippie at a flea market. im growing some of everything and i'll start a thread on it soon. ooo sorry for rambling .....soooooo blazed