Gravity Fed...UPSIDE DOWN grow....concept...want ideas...i think its tits

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bassfishingboy, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Gravity Fed...UPSIDE DOWN grow....concept...want ideas...i think its tits \t\t\t
    \t\t\t<hr style="color: rgb(236, 252, 178);" size="1"> \t\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\tWell, Why is everybody on this kick that when you grow, you have to grow UP. I dont want to grow up!!!!! LOL Well, correct me if i'm wrong, but plants grow TORWARD the light correct? as well as gravity. But, What do you think about running a grow, suspended in air and once the plants pop up out of the pot...training them to grow over the edge of the pot and DOWNWARD torwards the ground? (your pots r suspended remember) Now, in order to do this you would have to move the light a little bit and then put the light on the floor and have it pointing up!!! torwards the ceiling. then directing the growth of the plants downards torwards the light? (maybe have your plants on an adjustable pully shelf? like your lights would have been?)

Would this added downward pull of gravity help the plant grow since it doesnt have to fight AGAINST the forces of nature and gravity to keep itself up and pipe valuable nutrients to the bud sites? NOw, imagine this. ONce you get your valuable nutreints pumped past the 1st little hump...(pucture it as an upside down J)...then gravity would FORCE/PUSH nutrients down torwards where its needed most.....the rest of the plant/leaves, and BUD SITES!!!!

ANd its getting more nutriends now anyhow because it dont have to use all that energy to hold itself up IN the air...cause now it dangles...

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS IDEA?

2. well shit i think this is a great idea!@ +mad rep on this idea bro. its people like you that revolutionize weed growing for the rest of us. you should try it if you are an experienced grower. fuck i may even try it. it seems like it would have the "siphon" effect. like out of a car gasoline tank with a hose.... like the nutrients getting forced down the stem or somthing. i dont know man, but if it works or it dosnt dont stop thinking of new ways to improve the buds man!

keep tokin!

3. i think if it was that easy we would all be doing it, eh?

good idea though!

4. there are some hydro systems on the market that do utilize this techique. if you google the "volksgarden" you'll see it. many other manufacturers make these to. basically it's a roto garden that has a huge cylinder on it's side, the plants are grown on the inside of the cylinder which rotates at one rpm. at the bottom of the cylinder is the res. so every time the plants rotate past the res they get nutes. hope this makes sense.

5. Problem with your concept is that your light is below generating more heat and with HID lights heat is always a concern, and the danger of electricuting yourself every time you water. Also, MJ unlike tomatoes which are vines, is a plant/bush with growth hormones designed travels to the highest in MJ in order to produce buds. So keep thinking out of the box, but it won't work in my humble estimate.

6. I think the best bet is training the plant well so that you limit vertical growth. Though I like that kind of thinking... :-D

7. id go with the vertical and horizontal scrog if you could get a semi circle scrog net going up as high as where the ligh stops with the shade and veg for a bit longer traing the plants horizontaly then virticaly you would maximize your yeild like theres no tamoro... i hope you get what i mean but im sure you can grow plants upside down i dont know if it would make it better but surley it can be done Chemsdog strain NFT SCROG NewZealand style - Grasscity.com Forums

8. fail?

9. hows that?

10. 3 year old thread?

11. fail for sure being smoking to much making my head woozy hahah shot bo

12. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ylDYYiTRos"]YouTube- ‪Inverted planter test with cannabis‬‎[/ame]

13. Well the plant would grow up & around the soil, so i doubt it would leak onto the buds

14. Gravity doesn't affect nutrient uptake; plants can grow in space.

Every cannabis plant I've ever seen in a topsy turvy either died or grew completely retardedly.

15. damn someone did work on the side of that trailer with a bb gun.:devious:

16. im not sure if you have read the entire thread but the person who created the thread discussed doing this grow indoors. So if you think about it, the plant would grow down because you would have to place the light below the plant for the plant to acquire sufficient lumen intake. This would cause issues with your runoff water destroying your ganja and possibly starting an electrical fire.

17. LMFAO, IT WUZ ME WEN I WUZ A LIL 1 :devious::D

18. lol:laughing: i feel ya i was the same way.