THC level of this crop ,7 weeks harvest, white widow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stefmac1, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Hi Guys,

Im currently 7 weeks in harvest on my first crop, 2 white widow,3 jack herrier...
    i have a small closet space for growing and was using a fan/dehumidifier to try and keep the temp/humidity down up until now..

i checked my buds for THC today,and im worried that there isnt enough as there shld be at this time, 1 week before chopping....

opinions please,experienced heads.........
    thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. I don't really know, but it could be related to the burn these plants have suffered. What and how much have you been feeding em?

3. i dont' know what you mean, but if you don't think they are ready, then dont' chop em until they are...don't harvest by the callender, look at your plants, wait for them.

4. i have been feeding them optimum grow and then optimum bloom
    fed them twice a week, til 6 weeks harvest, now just water

should i raise the light ?, its aroun 14 inches frm the top ?.....

so i can leave white widow in for 10 weeks or so anyway right ?

thanks guys

5. those look pretty nute burned to me, and i'll bet thats a big part of the problem. what type/size light do you have on them?

6. fuck wish I had some jack herer beans; looks dank.......checking out dr chronic's new site

7. light is 400watt illuminator, standard bulb...

nuteburned as in too much feeding ?

8. From what I hear, you should stop feeding it nutrients and co2 two weeks before you harvest and just let it have fresh water.

9. When you say 7 weeks in harvest, do you mean 7 weeks since you planted the seeds or 7 weeks from another starting point?

10. threepac: yeah mate,thats what ive been doin....hopefully they turn out ok ?

all this time,id atleast like a nice smoke you know ! haha:smoking:

11. to tell u the truth it doesnt really look that bad, although they could prolly go a week or 2 longer at least, take a look at the trichs they should be about 50% cloudy 50% amber.
    when u say 400w what "kind" of light is it; hps?

alot of plants get nute burn at the end of there life, theres not much u can do...

12. i got them as cuttings, then 2 weeks veg,and im now in the 7th week harvest
    thanks

13. mr muffin - 400 Watt Halide Bulb with standard reflector ,thanks

14. i was gonna make a thc ommiter tommrow to try and bring out the thc, anyone think thats a good idea ,given that there 7 weeeks in harvest already ?

15. That explains it, It will take longer to mature with MH, and the MH is hotter so you might want to raise it some. Just get a mcroscope from radio shack and check the trichomes with it.

16. Well, I believe that most of the potency comes from reactions during drying/curing. Look it up a bit. Also I agree that they'll probably need to flower a bit longer because you're using a Metal Halide lamp.

17. anyone else ?:confused:

18. dude... im in the 400 club too.. (400w mh) GET THAT LIGHT UP!! 3-3 1/2 feet is optimum there has to be alot of heat coming down on ur plants at 18 inches away...

19. 3 1/2 feet is way too far away for a 400. i've got one and the tops are 8" to 10" away sometimes closer and i don't have an air-cooled reflector. i do, however have good ventilation and air circulation. somewhere on this forum someone posted a guide that shows light effectiveness relative to distance. if my memory serves me correctly it goes 400w hid 6-12", 600w 10-18", 1000w 16-30". imho (but i'm no pro at this) that far away will really effect your yield, quality and thc content.

20. if you let em grow too long theyl develop little premature seeds in the buds