Flowers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MoW, Dec 28, 2002.

1. The Pods on my plants are FLOWERS
    Real Flowers that look as if they have 6 pedals.
    The PODS I have been seeing apparently open up and they are flowers?

I wasn't expecting this.

Is this normal?

I will get pictures.
    I had been plucking the PODS and the more I pick the more the plant makes.

The plant certainly have hairs coming out of each bud but should I be plucking the PODS.

Attached Files:

2. Another bud shot

Attached Files:

3. Heres another shot of where these flowers came from

Attached Files:

4. This flowers are male and you have a hermaphrodite :(

5. The flowers in the first pic are pollen sacs (staminate flower). They're on the bottom of each node. The top portion of each node is the calyxes, or female flower.

You could still get some type of harvest off that hermie, if you have the patience to pluck off each pod.

6. I will continue to pick the PODS they are large enough to maybe get them all before they burst.

I took a couple of them and dipped them in hormone root grow to see if they take.

7. so is his plant male or female, its female isn't it? Thats exactly what my plant looks like and i thought it was female. How long you been flowering it bro?

8. Thia one has been in the flowering room 3 weeks now.
    The last week it really kicked into gear but then had shown the PODS. Before this one I had 3 that I trashed because I figured they were pure MALE but gave this one more time to show itself.
    It seems easy enough plucking the PODS I just want to ctah them before they spill their load onto the females.

The buds are starting to look impressive.

9. I have been plucking the pods and they seem to have slowed down. For awhikle there I was getting two-three for each one I plucked. Niow they seem to have stopped coming out and whereever I was plcuking the buds are spreading. there has got to be about 100 buds on this baby and more preflowers coming out all over the place. I will keepo an eye out for PODS.
    Also I am keeping an eye on the first bunch of pods i got I dipped them in hormone solution figuring they might sprout..it's been about a week and they are getting larger. no rotting but no signs of root materialk yet.

10. so is his plant male or female, its female isn't it? Thats exactly what my plant looks like and i thought it was female. How long you been flowering it bro?

his plant is a hermaphrodite...or hermie for short....what it means is that it has both sexual organs.....kinda like a chick with a dick....so what he's attempting to do is save as much male pollen as possible so not to inseminate the female buds.....a hard job, but he might still get some smokeable bud....if he misses some of the pollen and it does inseminate the female bud the plant will slow down bud growth to make seeds as part of the natural reproduction process.......hope that made sense......Peace out...Sid