WEEK 5 FLOWERING PICS, comments, questions, suggestions, and pics of your plants!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptorchi1d, Nov 5, 2006.

1. these are my gypsy nirvana white widow plants at week 5 of flowering (6 weeks 2 days after starting 12/12) they are under a 400w hps and two double tube 48" flouros. i fed them nothing but tap water and some epsom salts during veg, but used advanced nutes "bud blood" for first part of flowering, and dr. hornby's "big bud" now. i plan to harvest in about 3 weeks, i am a first time grower so my question is, what do i have to do to prepare for harvest?

some pics i took today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IF YOU HAVE PLANTS THAT ARE ABOUT A MONTH OR LATER IN THE FLOWERING PROCESS, PLEASE POST SOME SO I CAN COMPARE, ESPECIALLY IF U OR SOMEONE U KNOW HAS THIS EXACT SAME STRAIN , THANKS FOR CHECKIN ME OUT!!! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

2. this ones just gonna be starting it's 6th week tomorrow,dunno strain,was a bagseed,yours look good to me though

Attached Files:

3. Make sure you flush your plants with only water no nutes for the last 2 weeks of flowering. Unless of course you want your lady to taste like chemical anthrax bud. Get your magnifying glass ready!

4. This may be something you'd be interested in looking into more...

When watering the plant, keep it on the dry side. Even during flushing. I only say this because, though I have no empirical evidence, I've heard keeping the plant on the drier side of things towards the end of harvest causes it's THC production to rise. The way I had it described to me by a fellow rower (and yes, an accomplished one) was "it's like a woman on the prowl, she gets all dolled up extra nice, perfume, make-up, wears her best outfit." The plant reacts to the conditions by trying extra hard if you will, thus the enhanced appearence & condition.

If anyone knows definitively, I'd be open to having that heresay corrected one way or the other.

My fantastical, possibly misinformed rambling aside... here's something that actually is well known & supported by evidence: Use a magnifying glass to inspect the trich's towards the end of flowering stage. The glands have a gradual development that goes from clear, to cloudy, to amber/brownish. Early on, THC is at a peak and as the amber color appears, THC is breaking down while accessory cannabinoids are increasing, which creates the well known 'couchlock' high.

Harvesting early is supposed to bring out a more sativa-like, energetic & up high while picking later is going to bring out more of the indica characteristics, stoned outta yer tree, forgetting your name, that kinda good stuff.

Good luck with it man and keep us updated.

Rasp

5. Awesome plants! I was looking into getting some Nirvana seeds myself. Were you asking what you need to do when you harvest? Like trimming/drying/curing? Wasn't sure. GL on the harvest. :smoking:

6. totally clean out or replace your bong/pipe
    then make sure you have a 5 pack of bic lighters
    if you use screens go to amazon and orders 100 screens
    empty ashtray
    stockpile goodies
    and drinks
    take vac time/sick leave/quit
    more snacks

7. This thread is 7 years old... I'm pretty damn sure this guy doesn't need advice anymore. :rolleyes:

8. lol i know thats why i had fun instead of advice

9. For fucks sake, if you want to be THAT technical it's actually 6 years 3 months and 21 days old.

10. I'm in week 5 of flowering with the chrystal strain it's a back cross of northern lights and white widow. I'm growing in a DWC system using a full spectrum 600 watt led. It's buds are starting to gain weight and crystals.

Attached Files: