Feminizing using STS -INSTRUCTIONS-

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MTheory, Nov 3, 2006.

1. I just found this in another forum. I have no idea where it came from originally. The following must be done with female clones. The reason for that is bacause it will be started before flowering and only male flowers will form.

2. Hey, let's use our fancy chemicals to fuck with plant genetics and let's see what happens! I strongly believe that techniques such as this lead to unstable genetics down the line (i.e. greater propensity towards intersexed traits, loss in vigor, etc.) However, I haven't seen any long term studies as it were on plant growth after the application of "transsexual agents" as the article puts it, so I say this only on my own intuition.

That said, ethylene gas exposure is safer, less costly, and much easier. From Cannabis World (the origin of the article you quoted):
    Basically, germinate the seeds on paper towels like you normally would but keep a banana peel in the bag, and change bags/paper towels/peels every second or third day to prevent mold. Alot easier than fucking around with chemicals, eh?

3. dudes!!
    the easiest way i've found of growing you're own stock of feminised seeds is really easy!

1. start with a strain that tends to have hermaphroditic qualities, Trainwreck immediatly comes to mind here!!!
    2. fuck with the light cycle something bad! let light in during the dark time (only an hour or 2 at a time) and vice versa (best in the middle of the cycle), really confuse the plant and stress it out.
    3. your plant will become hermaphroditic and pollenate itself
    4. when a female plant with the chromosone xx pollenates itself the pollen is also xx, therefore any seeds produced will always have the xx or female type!

easy to do, may take a few tries to do it right but then you have a bumper crop of your own, inexpensive feminised seeds!

4. Have any of you ever heard of leaving one female on the table 10-14 days after she should be done flowering to try and make her grow a few male flowers because it seems all plants have potential to go hermaphrodite when no males are present especially when stressed by leaving them to flower longer you get male flowers and no seeds the thc prolly drops off a bit but you pick off the male flowers once they get nice and yellow store in a test tube and when your next grow goes to flower you take the individual bananas out of the tube with tweezers and lightly pain the pollen on to the lower buds you want to impregnate you only get a few seeds this way but as the flower is hermaphroditic and used to impregnate a female plant I have read it will give you a 80-90% feminized ration of seeds . Its basically a emergency self preservation of the species mechanisim. If you have heard of this or done it let me know if it works as I would love to produce a bunch of feminized seeds for emergencies like poweroutage or some other catastrophe that wipes out your grow or the rare case when your mother gets so old they can some time just auto flower no matter what the light is at

5. roflmfao

6. instead of all those chemicals..just spray some 60ppm solution of colloidal silver on em to make ur girl produce male pollen sacks....BTW colloidal silver isn't dangerous..infact a couple sprays of that in the nose or mouth every day will help you from getting sick....i found this other method of creating pollen sacks on a plant that is 100% all natural and non dammaging to your plants..hers the link if any of you are interested :D

Marijuana Seeds Guide - Create feminized cannabis seeds

7. if your interested in
    ethylene gas pm me all females