PPM in soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PropheCy604, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Hi!

It important to know how many PPM still in soil before to add nutes in water or I only need to test my water and had nutes until it reach 700-800 PPM?

If I need to know how many PPM still in soil before to water it, how I find it?

thx!

2. Next time you water check the run-off, By the way, here is a good link with a feed chart for each type of PPM meter, thats right there are 2 different types and if you use the wrong feed chart with you ppm Meter you will burn the shit out of your plants.
    http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/static/articles/0406_tdspH.asp

3. correction chimera, there are 3 "different meters". actually, there are 3 different mathematical formula's used to convert EC (which is actually how ALL meters arrive at that ppm number) to ppm. more correctly, there IS NO "specific formula" to convert EC to ppm, but i digress.

to make this easy, chimera is absolutely correct. some manufacturers' use a factor of .5, some use .64, and some .70. it is silly as hell. the best way to avoid all the silliness is simply buy a meter that reads in EC only. i've seen 'em that toggle between 2 of the 3, and that is really confusing as hell. a plain ole' EC meter, and never get above 2.3 on it, and you're plants will love you forever.

elrod