How long to veg Chronic?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bopper, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Hi guys, I've been around here for a couple of years now I guess but have a question which I hope some of you Chronic growers can help me with?

I'm growing Chronic for the first time and have 5 females and a couple of males but my question relates to how long to veg my clones for?

I usually grow SOG and switch my plants over to 12-12 when they are 18 inches or so tall. How will this effect Chronic - or would it be better to veg them for longer, get them taller and flower them once they are 4-5 ft tall?

Cheers guys, I just know someone here cal help!

Laters

2. I just finished a chronic grow, my temp got pretty high wich affected them a lot. But aside from that, I would say that the smaller clones di much better than the big ones. Way fuller buds. the ones that did better were around 12". Hope this helps.

3. minimum 12" but you can let them go for 3 months if you want

4. Yo man.
    I grew Chronic from seed and clones. I vegged seeds for about 3-4 weeks and clones I vegged for three weeks after rooting. The web site says that clones can be flowered after 5-10 days. I am confused about one thing in your post; I thought a SOG method took 15-25 sub 12" plants and flowered them early. This gives them the one short, fat cola. You said your were 18 inches?

Edit: By the way, Chronic is a strain that does well under a SOG.

5. Hi guys, thanks for your replies - much appreciated!

Sorry for the confusion - what I should have said is that I get my clones and seedlings under 12-12 as soon as they are 12-18 inches tall, but as this is my first Chronic grow (and I wanna get some of those giant cola's growing for myself) I let this first batch veg for 6-7 weeks before moving them under the 600W lights in my grow room.

I don't usually, but I did this time - so what I was asking about was my next grow as I've got cuttings under glass right now which I'll move up once they are ready....

Thanks again.