grow room floor covering and watering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mangochut, Sep 4, 2006.

1. do folks put black plastic on their closet grow floor. how about some kind of sponge floor that automatically soaks up spills while with a plastic floor you still have to wipe over the plastic after a spill? just a thought. i guess heavy pots would be unstable on foam or sponge.

was wondering also how do people water in a closet grow. if I fill a watering can and just sprinkle them can it be done without splashes of water and soil grains going up on the floor and walls. i bought a watering can before and it was a standard fairly big one and when tilted the water gushed out like a river, ok for the courtyard garden bed but for an indoors setup, hmm.

i want to get the water just in the pot. do people use 'miniature' watering cans to aid control. would hydroton rocks placed on the surface of the soil stop this because they sort of allow the water to trickle down their rounded sides, funneling it gently.

it's speculation at this point, but helps me to plan ahead. any thoughts welcome