60 minutes has an MJ story on right now.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dopeshow, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Watching right now! Decent so far!

2. Is there an online source to stream 60 Minutes? Or reruns?

3. idk man, i'd try youtube. also check out norml in a few days i'm sure they might add an update.

4. anyone want to give me the highlights of what happened?

5. It was a pretty good episode, a very matter-of-fact description of what is going on in the legalization movement in states like Colorado and California. Most of us here are familiar with all the details and I for one didn't learn anything new. But it was neat to see massive grow operations and pictures of good buds, like it always is. Steve Croft made a couple of jokes about the smell being good, and what would happen to him if he took any of the "medicine", a term they were all careful to keep using.

All in all, it came off as slightly pro-legalization, or at least a vibe of "why are we criminalizing this?". The ending statement from one guy they were interviewing was a very good point, 'how can you have a multi-billion dollar industry legally built (states view) on a foundation that is illegal (federal view)? It's not sustainable, and something has to give.' The implication being that the feds have to give up their cause, since they already have given a little bit. Baby steps, brothers and sisters, but one day none of this will be a crime.:smoking:

6. Yea I agree the guy was making jokes and it wasn't anti-pot. It def. seemed to be the most pro-cannabis program I've seen on network tv to date. There were no arguments about keeping children safe or any of the standard malarkey and fear mongering they like to associate with the "demon weed". :D:p

7. Might have to check this one out.

8. thanks, Sounds cool, Say yes on Cannabis haha. Good to know people are finally being more open.