Best LED growbox for beginner?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by k1ng666, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

First time grower, i have read several books and cruised the forums for several weeks, wanting to finally start a stealth closet grow.

I have managed to scrap up about $500 for a growbox. Looking for some guidance on a premade LED grow box.

2. your best bet would probably be a tent
    Grow Tents

As for the LEDs search around, it really depends on what you are looking for as a setup... only 1 small plant? or a complete 1lb per harvest grow room?
    as long as you don't go cheap on the LEDs.

3. I have a long closet space. Was thinking of doing 3 small box grows. looking for maximum yield. hopefully over the 1lb. any suggestions?

4. Your yield is not possible with that budget and led

5. #5 Bossvegeta1, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    For the $500 you can set up a 400watt MH/HPS tent if it can fit in your closet and you could do 3-4 plants easy and get a good yeild not a pound though. And as your skills grow you can up your yeid with what youve got or upgrade the system easy. You could get even get a 250 watter and do pretty good with 3-4 plants. This is all only if you dont hae to use LED you could do the same with smaller plants LEDs and T5s/CFLs.

6. Get a tent for veg and one for flower and do perpetual sog..take some clones every too weeks and replace with rooted clones straight to flower and you could get 6-8 oz a mo if you do everything right

7. The problem with doing it like that, is every week they take a different amount of nutrients. You have to have 4 different mixes of nutrients. WHAT A PAIN! Just keep 1 to mother and clone her 3weeks into the flowering, that way you can Veg for a month before the others are done and so on and only have to mix 2 different bottles.

8. a good grower will usually get between .5g/W to .75g/W. You could get a pound with LED, but you better start spending some serious dough!!

so you could get 3/4lb from a 400W if you optimize your setup. I've seen some journals get near the 1g/W with LED but they had crazy aeroponics setups