Grow Box Odor Control

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrifsPiffs, Jun 26, 2012.

1. I live in a studio basement (no bedroom) so odor control is a major issue to me as my owner is not cool with weed and if the smell leaves it goes directly into his vicinity.

I found a few links for making your own grow box for cheap.

Build a Stealth Grow Box for less than $150 | Hail Mary Jane

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXd_OUznXA&feature=related]4x4x8 Grow Closet For Under $100: Part One - YouTube[/ame]

So far I'm just doing research on stealth grow boxes. If anyone knows of anything else out there that's good, I would appreciate some suggestions.

My question was, will it be possible to completely keep the smell out during all stages of growing? And how?

Thanks

2. Carbon filter man, don't skimp or you'll regret it.

3. i was planning on using a carbon filter. but how am i supposed to keep all the smell from not leaving the grow box when i tend to the plants?

4. That's all you buddy lol. Incense? What do I know tho, I'm a noob too.

5. [quote name='"GrifsPiffs"']i was planning on using a carbon filter. but how am i supposed to keep all the smell from not leaving the grow box when i tend to the plants?[/quote]

You can buy a large fan and have a large carbon filter for the entire room. Stealth is most important. See if you can borrow space from someone who does not care. Or try remote growing outdoors.

6. how exactly wud i need to set up the fan and carbon filter outside the grow box tho in order to filter out the entire room

7. [quote name='"GrifsPiffs"']how exactly wud i need to set up the fan and carbon filter outside the grow box tho in order to filter out the entire room[/quote]

It was kind of sarcasm... It would be pointless. Like I said find someone who'll allow you to grow or find a remote area outdoors. Better safe than in jail because of some asshole blaming you for growing some medicine.

8. lol damn well i guess people who grow in apartments have a bedroom then so they can afford some of the odor to escape. how am i supposed to get hemp oil now =(

9. [quote name='"GrifsPiffs"']lol damn well i guess people who grow in apartments have a bedroom then so they can afford some of the odor to escape. how am i supposed to get hemp oil now =([/quote]

Either move or risk it

10. I wouldn't risk it if I were you. It just seems like a bad idea to be growing if you share a building with a landlord / owner that isn't cool.

Just my 0.02

11. it says the yield would be like 5-6 oz, i think it's possible to achieve if one puts a grow tent inside a grow box and lights incense/ uses ozium when tending to the plants. it's a time consuming project however

12. i grow in an apartment and this is what i would suggest get a high cfm fan, id say 250 cfm for your 4x4x8 or if you have $ spring for a can 33, a small ozone generator, and a ona block put out near the end of flowering (when it gets real smelly) and youd be perfect. If moneys an issue you might get away with a cheaper or diy carbon filter and enough negative pressure. I recomend the ona gel tho, always with a carbon filter tho its good backup.

13. Just buy a good fan, perhaps a 10 inch centrifual fan, preferably made all entirely of plastic (much quieter) and set it on with a carbon filter close to the vincinity of cannabis.