roostaphant's grow tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by roostaphant, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Alright, I'll stick with the 400 - probably switch to 600 for flower though. I just thought I'd give em 600w of MH for the last couple weeks in veg to get em even beastier.

The AC does use a lot of electricity, but it's got a programmable timer on it, which I've been using. No need to run it while the lights are off.

I've been thinking of topping the plants in my small tent - should I give it a shot or just let em grow?

2. Eh go a head and top em... but yea switch to the 600 for better results in flower! I will go from 400 to 1000 when I Flower. 400 mh is a perfect grow light though! low heat, less energy, right blue/white colors.

3. Just did a little topping! We'll see how they do I guess.

4. Well, the lights went out for about half an hour or so - will they be ok?

5. #165 Shark bait, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    [quote name='"roostaphant"']Well, the lights went out for about half an hour or so - will they be ok?[/quote]

It's my understanding that a short light cycle screw up will not harm them, as long as its not repetitive, kind of like nature with a few dark clouds turning day to night

6. looking very nice....the autos are sweet....

7. Thanks man!

My circuit breaker keeps tripping - I dunno why, it went for several days without any problems - guess I didn't have it figured out after all. So off to the hardware store today for some new extension cords.

8. subbed :bongin:

I'm interested in these hempy buckets, I've got 50l of hydroton just sitting in a corner.

9. Man,I sure hope you can get it figured out.I'd sure hate for you to have a fire.!

10. Better knock on some wood mofo!

Make a proper plan. Go off amps not watts used. Amps are how much a specific line can take, a current load. Simply divide the watts say 600/120 Voltage and you get 5 amps, now map each outlet and ensure lights, appliances or anything else is being powered by each breaker. Your AC and lights def can't be on the same breaker cause combined I bet they draw 10-15 amps. Most outlet breakers are rated for 15, some 20, but most 15. So you have to look for the highest rated breaker, a 20amp if you can and run off that for the 1000 planned, and run the AC off a separate line. Also consider you misc shit too (tv's, dvr, ps3, refrigerator, microwave, computers, monitors, chargers, everything) us condo growers need to consider it all on such a limited supply.

11. Thanks man - I had my AC on one line, and my lights on another but now I have my AC on one, my big tent on another, and my small tent on another separate line. I just think it's weird how everything worked just fine for several days, and now all of a sudden it's tripping. Oh well - now that I have everything on it's own line, I think it should be ok.

12. smart thinking. everything has its own source so if somthing goes wrong you dont have to go searching you know where to look !

13. Lol, yeah, the only downside is that I've got extension cords runnin everywhere :cool:

14. jungle inside and out of your tent ha

15. I haven't had to plug the AC yet... but that will be ext cord #3.

16. I wish that were the case for me!

I have to empty the external reservoir on my AC every day, otherwise it stops cooling, and my tents get up to 90.

Can't wait to move into an actual house, where I can cut through walls and do whatever I need for ventilation and electrical..

17. After all the help thought id give your journal a good flick through just wanted to say nice setup man looking good. :)

18. Hey sprog, thanks for stoppin by!

Anyone used the FF solubles trio? I'm thinking about picking up some Open Sesame, ChaChing, and Beastie Bloomz tomorrow. I've had awesome results with just the Grow Big and Big Bloom so far, and would like to see how the solubles do. Only thing is, I've read mixed reviews about how effective they are. Seeing as how awesome all the other FF stuff is that I've tried, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be any good.

Anyone have experience with it?

19. I use the trio too. I haven't tried the solubles but every time I go to the hydro store the same guy who has been knowledgeable so far so they were great. But take that with a grain of salt.

I really just wanted to stop in and say nice looking grow man. Definitely going keep stopping in.

20. Do a pprice comparison of what your getting. First look at botanicare or general hydro before you throw a bunch of money at ff. Honestly GH does just as good if not better for less. If you livedcloser I'd just drop my FF series on you cause I don't really want to run it again. I think I'm getting much better growth with the GH lucas formula. I sprung for the advanced nutrients bundles too but with a money back guarantee it's not much of a risk. Either the $400 line beats out the 40$ line or I take the 400$ back.